Tuesday, December 3, 2013

PLEASE...NO SANTA..........

I had to post this picture because I think it's hysterical!!  Three of my grandchildren last year going to see Santa!  Brady and Parker were beside themselves with horror...while their big sister Karsyn was laughing about it.....I don't think my son will be taking them this year...it was so traumatic for ALL involved last year!  Too funny!

I have been binding a rug for the past three evenings...only to find that the grey/brown wool yarn I had been using had a lavender tint to it....It didn't show up in the shop or in my living room lighting but when the sun hit it....it was lavender!!  So...I spent tonight "unbinding" and I am just going to finish it off with some brown wool that I had in my stash.  I hate binding to begin with....so this was really an unwanted chore.

I bought a new steam iron last week, a Rowenta Steamforce, and it works so much better than my old iron I can't believe it!  I don't have to use a damp towel on top of the rugs....it puts out enough steam that I hardly have to press down on the iron.  It was a little pricey $139 at Bed Bath and Beyond, but with my 20% off coupon it brought it down a bit.    I pressed 3 rugs, two of them pretty big, in half the time it took to press one with my old iron.  It was a good investment!  I can't wait to see what it does to my clothes...not that I iron that much!

8 comments:

  1. What a great picture! One to treasure always!
    Oh, that's awful about the binding. That would break my heart as you know that I like to bind a rug about as much as you do :(
    Keep us posted on the iron. I would like something to speed up the process of steaming. Another thing that is not a favorite of mine. Gee, I guess I only enjoy the hooking part!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor babies! Funny that you saw lavender in your wool. I just bought new towels in taupe and dark brown. Looked great in the store but they look mauve in my bath. I couldn't believe it. I love my Rowenta and it's not even their higher end model. Great irons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture--one to be cherished for years to come. Not had much luck with Rowenta's, hope you have a happier relationship with yours than I have had with mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to laugh at Santa pics.
    Hope we see those rugs Bobbie and wanted to tell you that is such a cute picture od you at Dawns!!!Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for giving me a morning giggle! SO cute! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pic! Won't they laugh when they see it years from now! I love my Rowenta...bought it at Bed, Bath and Beyond with a coupon as well and it does a great job.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pic! It brought back memories as I have one of my son sitting on Santa's lap having a fit.LOL! Sorry about the binding.Christmas Blessings,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great picture!!! I love it. I remember those days..........LOL.
    Have a great week.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete