Sunday, December 22, 2013

SATURDAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Well...we did it again.  We decided to keep the grandkids over night to give the parents a chance to wrap gifts, finish last minute gift shopping, go to a movie and out to dinner.   We were missing one little grandaughter but these eight had so much fun!  We played bingo, watched movies, played pass the monkey (like hot potato only with Charlotte's stuffed monkey), ate lots of chocolate and popcorn.  It was a fun night!  Today they are all going at it again....wish I had their energy!

One of my hooking buddies, Sheila in our Wednesday group, made the most beautiful pillow for our gift exchange last week.  I just fell in love with it...so since I didn't win it...I decided to make one on my own this past week. I am going to give it as a gift for Christmas.  Of course, it is a Maggie Bonanomi design from one of her books.  It was so easy to make and I love wool applique...one of my favorite needle work hobbies.

I had lots of pictures to share, but I can't seem to transfer some of them from my iphone to the computer...they download, but then get lost in some file I can't seem to ever find.  My regular camera is dead as a doornail...and I can't find the plug to charge it...UGH!!  Anyway...I'm off to make breakfast for these hungry kids ...have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photos of the kids and a nice thing for the parents, we know how much free time means to us;) Love your pillow, wool pieces are so fun and wonderful to decorate with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute kids! Love your pillow, it is beautiful. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun time. The pillow is gorgeous.
    Merry Christmas
    ~Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bobbie,
    You are one AMAZING Grandma!!! Taking care of all those "grands" is quite impressive indeed!!! It sounds like you all had the best time and what a great gift to their parents!! Bravo!!!
    Love the pillow too!! I love working with wool too and you did a lovely job!! Now you just need to make another for yourself!!!
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!
    Merry Christmas Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie,
    I can't believe you found time to blog with all those grands in the house. I am impressed! Sweet pic of them.
    Love the pillow.
    Merry Christmas to you!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful tradition! I can't imagine having 8 grandbabies...as we just had our first this yer...but i would love it if we did have 8! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete