Monday, January 27, 2014

KEEPING BUSY.......STAYING WARM

Not even going to talk about the dreadful weather...I think we have all suffered enough without giving the snow and cold any more attention, so I have been staying nice and warm in the house...crocheting my heart away.  It all started with the baby blankets...I showed you my daughter's blanket a couple of weeks past, but here is my daughter-in-law's baby blanket...her colors:

In addition to the blankets, I've made a few neck or collar scarves.  I found some instructional videos on You Tube:  Jennifer of Fiber Flux, has really beautiful and beginner easy patterns along with a great blog with written instructions as well.   She is really a good teacher for newbies. Here's some pictures of what I've done in the past two weeks.  Please excuse my birdcage/candle holder, as I had to use it as a model for some of the scarves:


                This is called the "Pavement Scarf".  All double crochet's into a "V' stitch.  Very, very easy!


          Another Pavement Scarf, but in a little thinner yarn, with a smaller hook and in varigated colors.

  


These are "Button Collar" scarves.  Design by Yolanda Soto Lopez, also found on You Tube.  These were also very easy using a double crochet throughout the pattern. 



Last but not least, is this little beauty that I am making for my little grand daughter, Olivia.  She wanted a "pink and sparkly" scarf......so that's what she's getting!


These have been so much fun to make during this horrible cold winter season.  No fancy, or expensive yarns...only yarns from my local Joann and Hobby Lobby stores...with lots and lots of coupons!  I'll put the link to the Fiber Flux blog in case anyone is interested.  The baby blanket I made for my daughter, in the previous post,  was from Yolanda Soto Lopez on You Tube.   She, too,  has numerous videos.   Have a great week and stay warm!


10 comments:

  1. I really like the blues and browns in the button scarf. Very nice!
    Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy!!!! Beautiful scarfs and blankets and the blue and brown one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scarves!!!
    Imagine how I feel about winter...lol! At least you like(d) the season.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evening, love all the scarves, such pretty colors too, Keep Cozy, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely scarves and blankets !
    Love the heathered blue and brown "button collar" scarf ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your blanket and scarves!!!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the crochet --I have been teaching mysef via You Tube, but still wish I had someone sitting beside me --I keep forgetting to count my stitches because I get so caught up in the hooking. Then my work is all wonky and I get so frustrated!
    Hope your daughter and daughter-in-law are feeling better. I suffered hyperemesis during pregnancies as well as my daughters. (So did my mother and aunt and sister). My daughter was in hospital multiple times but the babies were fine. So many doctors don't take it seriously--would take multiple calls to dr. office to just be brushed off and then she would faint and end up on IV's. Then the home health nurses would tell us that they see this all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented...love all your work! I never saw spoon necklaces like yours, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete