Monday, January 13, 2014

NO HOOKING, NO STITCHING...JUST CROCHET...

Boy, did I pay the price for whining about the weather last week....my bathroom pipe froze and then broke creating a disastrous mess in my back bathroom and my entire basement!  What a major pain!  The "catastrophic content" company from my home owner's has been out for three days, trying to dry everything up to see what needs to get repaired or replaced.   My poor daughter has been sick with pneumonia (she's 4 1/2 months pregnant) and my youngest son's wife, who is also pregnant, has "hyperemesis" and has suffered with dehydration for the past couple of weeks.  It has not been fun around the Beauchamp households!   Oh well....this too shall pass.  Anyway...enough whining....I started following this lady on You Tube on crocheted baby blankets and this one was super easy.  It is for my daughter's baby.  It only took me 3 nights.  It's so soft...I know she really didn't want traditional baby colors....but since we have no idea if it's a boy or girl..this is what she gets!  I'm sure the baby will love it!


Now that I have the crochet bug....I started making myself a "cowl scarf".  Another super easy pattern found on You Tube.  Geez...you can learn to do just about  anything on You Tube!  My son remodeled his bathroom by following You Tube. 

After this scarf, I am going to be making another baby blanket for my daughter in law.  For her, gray and yellow are the new pink and blue....so we'll see how that one turns out!  I've seen them on Pinterest, and actually they're pretty cute!

 I hope everyone is having better weather compared to last week.   I can't believe that January is almost half over...YIPPEE!!  Before you know it..spring will be here!  Take care!


4 comments:

  1. My daughter crochets. Every time I see one of her creations, using the most AMAZING yarn...I am pulled to start a crochet project...there isn't enough time in the day for all I want to do ;)
    Hope the broken pipe and the mess that makes, gets cleared quickly and your back to normal soon.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never learned to crochet,but I love the look of it.Beautiful blanket, I am sure the baby will love it.Sorry about the broken pipes,hope it is all taken care of soon.Prayers for the family,may everyone feel better soon.Blessings,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your family is on the road to recovery and that your house woes are taken care of soon.

    Your baby blankets are adorable, and I looked on Youtube to see if I could figure out which video you watched. Would you mind sharing it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope both mom-to-be are feeling better!!!
    Sorry about the pipes. It's always something.
    Love the yarn for your cowl.
    Sauder here we come :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete