Friday, April 25, 2014

LITITZ & KUTZTOWN PA.....WOW!!

My husband & I are not very "spur of the minute" type people....but Tuesday afternoon, we decided to take a little trip to Pennsylvania.  We have been wanting to go for many years...just spend a few days going here and there in the Lancaster County area.  Since I retired a few weeks ago...we have done nothing but stay home due to our house getting back in order from the burst pipe we had in January (they just finished the work Tuesday morning).  Daughter and new baby are doing great...so off we went.  We left at 9pm Tuesday evening, staying in a small town in Ohio just a few miles from the PA border and then got up bright and early Wednesday and headed for our destination.  After reading Karen's blog, "My Colonial Home" and seeing all her treasures from PA...I couldn't wait to go!!  Well...let me tell you...it was SO worth the trip!!  Beautiful countryside...rolling hills......tons of antique shops!!  But we settled on the little town of Lititz...what a treat! 

We stayed at this B&B right on Main Street...wonderful!  The best B&B !  To the right was a marvelous primitive antique shop with prices that were sooo good and to the left was another country shop that sold reproduction goods and antiques....I was in heaven!!!  Bought quite a bit from both of these shops.  I'll show pictures in next post.  We stayed here for two evenings and enjoyed it so much!!



Today we left to go to Sharon Renninger's Antique Extravaganza in Kutztown....all I can say is "OMG"!!  It was the best antique show I have ever attended!!  The prices were good and if you even so much as looked at an item, the dealers were very eager to come down in price.  I saw so many larger pieces that I wanted so bad...but my husband always asks.."where you going to put it?"...brings me right back to reality and to the land of disappointment!!  But trust me...I found a lot of somethings that I do have room for!!  Sharon's shop inside the market place is absolutely to die for!!  Everything in it is made by folk artists from around the US.  Needless to say, I did some damage there also.  And she is so very nice!  I talked to her for quite some time before I realized who she was!! 




We are staying the night in a small town just outside of Kutztown, and then off tomorrow to Sugarcreek  Ohio....we have to get a case of wine from the Brietenbach Winery per my husband.  Anyway....enough posting for now..I'm sure I went way overboard...but I can't help it...it has been a wonderful three days!!



9 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful trip, would love to go back to PA and check out the antique places.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bobbie, how fun! I'm so envious. Would love to go to those places. I was just looking at the Renninger's site the other day thinking what a wonderful place it would be to go for early antiques. Can't wait to see what all you got! Have a safe trip back home. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful area, we stayed in that area three years ago. It is beautiful countryside. can't wait to see and hear about your treasures.
    Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo-hoo! PA is always my favorite place to be! I'll be at Renninger's in two weeks for the radio show... though I always seem to forget about the Antiques extravaganza. Lititz is next on my list of places to visit... looking forward to seeing what treasures you found!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip sounds like great fun !
    Lititz is my hometown and I am so glad you enjoyed the Alden House.
    Sounds like you are enjoying retirement, too ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun, while in Sugarcreek, venture in to Berlin, that's where most of the real goodies are in. And, if time allows look into Kidron and the hardware store there, a treat for your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! Can't wait to see what came home with you.
    Happy retirement :)
    Hugs,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great road trip--my hubby is glad we live many miles away or else there would be a big dent in his wallet

    ReplyDelete