Thursday, April 3, 2014

THE END...AND THE BEGINNING!

Hilarious!!  This is me 30 years ago when I graduated from college with my nursing degree...my goodness....I can remember getting this picture taken right before our graduation.  I was the mother of four at that time (I soon after had a fifth), and very naive.....not realizing the challenges, long hours, but also the rewards, and the self-empowerment that a career in nursing had to offer.   On Tuesday...I hung up my stethoscope and  my scrubs....the end of nursing...the beginning of retirement!  I was sad to leave my co-workers/friends....they are all  friends...but it is exciting with the prospect of being able to have a life not dictated  by work schedules.  It was a wonderful career....but now it's time to take this chapter in my life and enjoy it with my husband, children and grandchildren.....plus I'll have more time to rug hook!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement! What a beautiful lady you are! After 30 years working and raising a family you deserve every bit of staying home and hooking rugs! Blessings and wishes for many years of happy retirement!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Bobbie. You will probably find that being retired is just as busy as working. It will be great for you to spend more time with family and hooking.
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Enjoy the next chapter of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I just had my daughter read your post! She has been an RN (CVICU) for 2 years now and is just completing her BSN. Wow-how'd you have a career and raise 5 kids! Enjoy your retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie,
    Congratulations on your retirement! You are still just as pretty inside and out!! I know it will be strange at first but soon you will adjust. Now you can enjoy your hobbies full time. Big hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Hope retirement will be full of fun and lots of wool!
    Well done!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your retirement. My how many lives you touched in those years. Such a beautiful picture. Enjoy your new chapter in your life! You deserve it. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbie your adorable!!!
    Contrats to you and your dedication. I am sure you are a wonderful nurse.
    It is a very sweet time in your life....ENJOY!!!!
    Hope we can get together soon.
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evening, sweet girl and still are....Congrats on the Retirement, Woo hoo!!!! Enjoy, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes for a happy and healthy retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you!!! I am especially fond of nurses as my husband has been fighting brain cancer for four years & we have had the privilege of meeting so many awesome nurses that minister to him at every treatment. On behalf of them I thank you & wish you well!! Happy hooking, punching, & stitching!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you, Bobbie! Enjoy each and every day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! You earned this chapter of your life and you will be so thankful you did! I enjoy every day of retirement and sometimes can't believe my good fortune to be able to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your retirement! I know you will have fun filled days ahead! :-)

    ReplyDelete