Monday, May 12, 2014

MOTHER'S DAY ANTIQUEING

My poor husband didn't know what to get me for Mother's day...so I told him I needed some "antique shopping therapy" !  We went to a couple of antique malls this morning and I adopted a horse......
                                                                     
I haven't named him yet...but he is cute!!  I had a pull toy horse a few years ago but then sold him when I was going through my "contemporary decor mode"...yeah right...that lasted about a week!  My next find today was this crock.  I have several, but none with the marking that this one had..so the price was right, and it too, was adopted.
                                                      
             
Just a couple of pictures of the house and some puttering around that I've been doing since my retirement.


And last but not least, some flowers that I have been working with and some that need to get planted.  The weather has been rough in Michigan today...tornado and severe storm warnings all afternoon...                                                                      
                                                                          
                                                      
                                                                          

                    Have a wonderful afternoon!  Hope the weather is nice in your neck of the woods!

5 comments:

  1. I am badly in need of "antique fix"!!! Great finds. I love the horse and you can never go wrong buying a crock.
    Your tiered planter is great. We are getting hellacious storms here in Ohio, too. Everything is going to grow like crazy!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bobbie.....I LOVE your horse! I've been thinking about looking for a brown one ever since I saw Tina's in her Christmas pics. You scored there girl! Love the crock and all your decor pics too. The gameboards are awesome! No flowers up here yet. The grass is just now turning green. Rain and fog up here. Great finds my friend!
    Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some awesome treasures for Mom's Day! :-) I love the 3-tiered flower planter... Red petunias in hanging pots over here in joisey too! ;-) Stay safe from the storms... we had 85 and humid today... sooooo much nicer than that four letter "S" word! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both your horse and crock! Although we had thunderstorms here in our neck of the woods, some of our counties t the south had tornado warnings. Yuck..and I heard more sever weather tomorrow. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Bobbie, well you done great my friend, love the horse and crock. Your home is so cozy, love to see what you do. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete