Thursday, May 1, 2014

MY TWO NEW GUYS...

I went hooking yesterday at Holly Hills Primitives....and to my surprise and delight....Dawn (the shop owner) had gotten in a new shipment of hand mades.  Among them, were these two civil war guys...I fell in love with them!  Now...I need new dolls like I need more wool....but they do bring a smile to my face!


Speaking of wool....this is a rug that I started last week.  It's a long one....I'm hoping it's long enough to hang over my mantle in the living room.   I'm going to try and keep the colors on the blue-grey side...except for the flowers..I needed a pop of red.   

Well.....I'm off to do my laundry.  Yep....I've declared Thursdays will by my laundry day....Fridays will by my cleaning day.  I've got to get organized now that I don't have a work schedule to adhere to anymore.  I'm kind of an OCD type personality when it comes to housework.  After raising five children and working full time...my home always looked like a tornado went thru it...I was mortified if anybody just happened to drop in...now, I don't really care...well...sort of don't care...just give me a call first if you happen to be in the neighborhood!  Have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Those civil war guys are irresistible! I would have brought them home too! :-) Your rug is looking fabulous! I'm hooking on a horse rug too... but different pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Bobbie, love your Civil war guys, prim perfect...also the rug your working on. Happy May Day, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursday is my laundry day too:) Now onto better topics~ I love those little Civil War soldiers! Aren't they just perfect? Their flags with them, they bring a reminder of history to the present day.
    Happy washing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you had to have the Civil War guys... they are fabulous! Love the rug you are working on, too. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those two war buddies, dolls like that are fun to decorate with.
    Maybe I need to get out my patterns and make a few of my own, not sure what i have.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh love those dolls. Even thow I have made some I still find a few dolls that are must haves too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new guys are just wonderful! Love them!!
    Your new rug is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new guys in your life. Dawn has the coolest goodies in her shoppe! I wish I lived closer to her so I could join the hooking club. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bobbie,
    LOVE your new guys, What fun.
    The rug is lookin' good.
    Happy hooking :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bobbie,
    Those soldiers are pretty neat looking! I don't blame you for bringing them home. Love your rug too. One of my favorite designs. Love the colors you are doing in yours. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete