Sunday, May 18, 2014

SUNDAY GARDENING

Finally...a nice morning and midday to get out and garden.  Our yard is approximately a half of an acre and although it's nice to have a big yard...it's a pain to keep up....especially when you are sandwiched in between two neighbors who don't give a hoot about cutting their grass much less tending to the weeds!  This picture is actually my neighbor's property...the side of his garage that unfortunately is on the same side as my porch...I have battled with it for over 20 years...this year I asked him if he would mind if I made it into a little garden....of course, he told me to "knock myself out"...so $30 and ten bags of mulch later....I came up with this:

                                                                    
It surely won't win any "Garden Walk" awards....but at least I won't have to curse under my breath every waking moment I'm sitting on my porch!  But then.....look at the midsection of our yard...in the distance I'm sure I'm hearing the theme song from "Sanford & Son" ringing in my ears....and note my potting table in the foreground...an old picnic table bench...sad!
                                                                                     

All the yard stuff we have accumulated over the years is ridiculous....whatever I don't use this year is going to the dump!  Our yard goes all the way back to those distant trees....it was fun when the kids were young and oh, how they loved to play ball and hide & seek!  Now, it's the grand kids turn...but first, we have to get a move on and clean it all up!!  I haven't done much hooking this past week...and I don't really know why...but tonight is a great night for TV, so I'll be hooking up a storm!  Have a great night!!

8 comments:

  1. You made a very nice little garden. I wish you were my neighbor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden looks wonderful and you do have a beautiful space to work with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie,
    You did a great job on your neighbor's little garden. It looks WONDERFUL!!!
    It was nice to finally have a good day to so some yard work. Of course I didn't do nearly as much as I should have. With all the rains, the gardens are going crazy!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I'd love to have a half acre of land to play in! :-) You did a fine job of pretty up the area next to the garage too! Happy Spring and Happy Hooking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking good...and thanks for putting the tune to Sandford & Son in my head all night! that leads to " I put my foot in your hello"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little garden looks wonderful Bobbie! You'll have a nice view this summer. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful Bobbie. You have done a great job. Wish I was finished my gardens
    :( So much work, but well worth it.
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbie dear - You are an example of bringing beauty out of ashes...what an
    effort, but just look at the difference you made in your world....our world. Hope
    that neighbor catches your inspiration and wants to repeat the garden on his
    side of the garage....don't hold your breath, for not everyone has the green thumb
    and willingness to stretch the spine......but wouldn't it be nice if you've started such
    a trend in your neighborhood.....wonders never cease. Thank you for sharing
    this uplifting message.

    ReplyDelete