Saturday, June 14, 2014

A TRIP TO INDIANA AND OHIO


Had so much fun this past week.  My husband, who doesn't like to stay home all week, decided we would take a trip to Cambridge City, Indiana and then Waynesville OH....need I say more?  He didn't have to twist my arm.  We were only gone Wednesday and Thursday...but then headed back to Waynesville OH on Friday, to pick up a kitchen set we bought.
First is a white, chippy grain bin I purchased from Sawdust and Stitches in Waynesville.  The owner of the shop, Tammy, is such sweetheart!  She has beautiful primitives and is so reasonably priced.   Next is my kitchen table and chairs we purchased from Winsome Cottage, also in Waynesville.  She has the most amazing painted, vintage furniture.  We have been looking for a nice, comfortable kitchen set for quite a while...in my old age...I need comfort!!  I love the creamy whites and the chippy whites in a kitchen...Seems so clean and fresh.
 I fell in love with the table and the drawer on the bottom.  I had never seen one quite like it.  I gotta tell you....this table must weigh a ton!!  I told my husband, this will be the last set we buy.  It was made to last!
I purchased this little primitive child's cupboard, made from an old crate.  I have had this child's set of willow ware for over 20 years, sitting in a box in the basement....I could never find a little cupboard suited to me....until this one. 

 I'll have more to show...the trip was so much fun!!  He wants to go back in the fall....but I told him we have to recover from this trip.....My daughter-in-law should be giving birth to our 11th grandchild...another little girl this week....She's going to be a big baby...right now measuring close to 10 lbs...yikes!!   Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Great finds, Bobbie. Love the kitchen table.
    What fun that hubby wants to go.
    Can't believe you will have another grand this week.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your treasures! Can't wait to see more......with of course, a new little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky girl! Love your finds. The table set looks perfect. So glad you found something you love. The little cupboard looks so nice with the little blue willow in it. Hope everything goes smoothly with the delivery. Wow, #11! I wish I had one! lol Happy Father's Day to David. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Treasures indeed !!
    Love the grain bin.
    Congratulations on another Grand baby ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bobbie, wonderful treasures you found. I love to see what the gals buy. Congrats on the new wee one, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be it Pashmina shawl or the best wooll shawl, you will get all demands related to designer shawls met at Mydreamsarees, which is your ultimate destination for top evening shawl and online designer shawl, within your budget. Being in budget also they have a great collection that will be enough for you to get all eyes on you after you wear the shawl.

    ReplyDelete