Friday, June 20, 2014

DYEING TO LOOK OLD

Not much going on here....I've been in such a slump lately....I don't know if it was so much going back and forth to Ohio last week or having all nine grandkids over on Monday and Tuesday...but either way....I've been so unambitious these past few days...and tired!  I've been stitching a few things here and there...getting ready for the Holly Hills Show in September. 
\
I used walnut dye to help age these stitching's.  They look much darker in person.  Some will be framed....some will be made into pin keeps. 

This one was stitched on an old linen towel.  Don't mind my markings on the edges....it has to fit in an antique frame.   Have a great day...I'm going to try and muster enough energy to get dressed!

8 comments:

  1. It looks like you have been busy, even with a slump.
    I notice that my stains don't show up nicely in photos but your pieces really have a nice aged look.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your stitching! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez Bobbie....nine all at once! No wonder your tired.
    Weather like today will put anyone in a slump, never stopped raining here.
    ((((Hugs))))
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all Bobby, very nice. Francine.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Loving your hand-work Bobbie! That is a lot of stitching and that is a lot of grand kids to have at one time!! Hope you can catch up on your rest!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is just beautiful, Bobbie! WoW!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice staining ! Your stitcheries are lovely ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete