Thursday, August 7, 2014

PUMPKINS, CROWS, AND A NEW BOOK

It's such a lovely, cool summer morning here in southeastern Michigan.  It feels like fall...I'm loving it! Just quick post of a couple of things.  First....is the new Judy Condon book that I purchased yesterday at Holly Hill Primitives.  Gorgeous book!  If you love fall decor...then you will love this book!  It has some beautiful, prim homes on display:
                                                                               
 And looks who's home is featured on page 30....none other than Lori Rippey's from Homespun Prims by Lori!!!  I was so excited when I saw her beautiful home...because I've been there a few times and I know how wonderful it is!!  Beautiful pictures and her hand work is so wonderfully displayed!! 
Now....down to work.   My sewing machine was buzzing like a house full of bees on Tuesday.  I had the whole day to sew, stuff, and stitch.  I made a couple of crows and some pumpkins and they will be primitively painted and baked this afternoon....then attached to the basket tops for September.  I still have quite a few things to finish...but I'm retired...so I have all the time in the world...right??  Have a great day!
 

4 comments:

  1. So happy for Lori and Brian that their home is in the Judy Condon's book! So much work and attention to detail.
    Your crows and pumpkins are looking mahvelous! We have a cool autumn morning here too... lovin' it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have to get that book Bobbie,thanks for sharing.... Loving the handmades the buzzing of the machine has been sewing, bring on Fall, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my sweet friend! I hope you can come back to visit again some day soon. You are going to have some wonderful goodies for the Holly show. Wish I could come but I don't think I can this year. I know you will have a wonderful booth as you always do! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely book!
    Enjoy the time in your sewing room...your Autumn lovelies are wonderful!
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete