Sunday, August 3, 2014

SUNDAY DOING'S

It's so beautiful today in Michigan, but all I want to do is sit in my room and be creative.  I'm in such a mood for wool applique and stitching I can hardly stand it....but my husband has other plans...so I guess I'll be jumping on the traveling train with him today. 

I've been aging some old pillow ticking, some threads, and some chenille that I purchased in Missouri last month.  I'm trying so hard to get ready for the show in September, but it doesn't seem like I can get a full day in....so, I'm sure I'll be hysterically stitching up until the week before the show.  I actually think I had more time when I was working.......

The beige linen at the top, is called "hopsack cloth"...It is from Joann's in the linen section and it's absolutely wonderful fabric for those primitive pieces. It comes in different colors, ivory, white, gold, and dark brown.   After you wash and dry it, is becomes a little thicker and nubbier...it makes wonderful backing for pillows and pinkeeps and is very inexpensive.

This is #10, 100% cotton crochet thread.   It was an ivory color and then I gave it a bath in brown dye from Rit.  It has a nice coloration throughout the strands.  Then, is the chenille I bought in Missouri.  The booth has tons of it but only in grey and black.  So I dyed this first batch in the same dye....

Well....I'm off to get dressed and take off for the day..hopefully, I'll be able to get some sewing time in this evening...have a great Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. I love getting linen for different projects, I will have to check that one out.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a fun day!!! That hubby sure likes to get around. Next time you go to Seville/Medina you should head north and stop and visit me and Melissa.
    I am using crochet thread I dyed on the penny rug I am making and I like the look.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure get a lot done in a day! I will be looking forward to seeing all your creations at The Harvest at the Mill Sale in the fall! My friend Janet took me last spring and I LoVed it!
    Hugs Marg :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbie, you inspire me! I have all of these things running around in my head and it's awful crowded in there! I need to let them out one at a time, but NO I fridle (sp) from one thing to another. Are you doing Malabar and Harvest at the Mill? Hope to see you at Malabar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bobbie. A great post! Looking forward to seeing you next month.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete