Tuesday, September 16, 2014

FIRKINS AND SAMPLERS...

Just a quick post...I wanted to show my firkins that I purchased from Lori Rippey this past week...and also my little collection of samplers.  It's a beautiful day here in Michigan and I am itching to decorate for fall...but I have a lot of errands to run..so decorating will have to wait till another day.

The sampler above the little shelf is one I purchased from Western Reserve Antiques in Holly last weekend.  It's dated 1833.  The little firkin is one from Lori..I love the little wooden handle.  The shelf I just bought on Sunday...it was painted white...but I mixed up  a couple of colors to make it a mustard shade and then antiqued it with some Tudor Brown wax.  I really liked the little hand carved designs in it. 



A little stepback cupboard that I have no idea what I'm going to do with yet...but it was a bargain and so sweet!  That's it for now...have a great day...I'm off to the grocery store!

7 comments:

  1. They look wonderful on the shelf with the samplers and the new cupboard is a nice space to display more;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love your sampler collection, very nice. That little red cupboard is wonderful, loooove it, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the samplers and firkins.... the grouping looks fabulous! And oh my..... that little cupboard is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost bought that sampler. It is lovely. Like your firkins too. I bought one at the show from Marie. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie,
    Just perfect. What a great new/old sampler. I see the one to the right that should be hanging in my house...lol!
    See you next week.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is so lovely!
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Bobbie!
    Samplers are so warm - I did some several years ago but they aren't as 'old' looking in subject matter that I would have liked but I did them and they will stay.
    You have a nice collection going.
    What a cute step back cupboard - hope you leave it the red color.
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete