Friday, October 17, 2014

A GREAT DAY AT ANNE BOND'S....

All I can say is "WOW"!!  Today, the Holly Hookers went to Anne Marie Bond's home and rug hooking studio in Northville MI...only 30 minutes from my house.....I don't think I have ever seen such a beautiful studio chocked full of the most beautiful, luscious wools!  Ann was the most gracious host inviting us over.....she gave us lessons in dyeing (in a Presto-Cooker no less!), lessons in how to change it up when hooking backgrounds, and a great lesson in color planning.  It was such a treat!  She is an instructor, traveling all over the US, sharing her knowledge in the world of fiber arts.  Here are some pictures...but they do not do her area justice!

This is her room for dyeing her beautiful wools....she uses a Presto-Cooker (found at Wal-Mart for $24.99) for most of her wools.  She makes it look so simple...so I'm going to try it this weekend.  She rarely uses more than three color dyes and it's amazing how her wool came out!  Beautiful! That little pot holds 1/2 yard of wool....

This is one of her many racks of hand dyed wool......


Another corner of baskets of wool....her "Colonial" collection...all dyed from dirty whites to muted blues and blacks.   All of this collection works together.  Beautiful for the antique look.


One wall of fabulous over-dyed wool....and then the other wall.....


Mouth watering.....


A room filled from floor to ceiling with bolts, and bolts of wool...in the foreground....that is "Sari Ribbon"....she sells all colors....beautiful!!  Next time I go, I'm going to purchase some...I heard it is great to hook with.....


This is Anne's workshop or class area...there is another table at the end of the room.  She said she as had classes as large as 24 women!  Since it is a walkout basement....she has a beautiful huge window that overlooks her property in the back...which at this time of year...shows the most beautiful colors..



This is Anne...checking out Sue....



And....what hooking studio would be complete without a full service kitchen.....this one even had a full size wine cooler!!  Well...that's it...you can tell by my enthusiasm that it was a fun, fun day!!  Always nice to meet a fellow hooker!!  Thank you, Anne, for inviting us into your home and spending time with us...we hope to take a class or two with her in the future!

12 comments:

  1. Very nice Bobbie!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbie,
    What a FAN-TAS-TIC ROOM!!! Hard to believe that it is actually a REAL PLACE and not just a dream!!! So happy you could enjoy it and share it as well!! Lucky you!!
    I know you will be back! It is so nice she is so close to you!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Bobbie! What a gorgeous wool studio! A hooker's paradise for sure!
    Thank you so much for sharing it and to Ann for the tour! Does she have a website?
    Hope you are having a wonderful Fall weekend filled with hooking and relaxing!!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Bobbie, wow!!!!!! That is one wonderful studio. I agree, hookers paradise, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lucky you to live so close to such a wonderful wooly workshop! :-) Beautiful woolens! I'm reading more and more about dyeing with crockpots... thinking about giving it a try... enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, what a great place to visit and hook!
    Where is her shop?
    Thanks for sharing!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous! What a wonderful place that looks to be. Does she have a website? I just love that colonial collection, it would be perfect for me as I always want my rugs to look antique. Thanks for sharing!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbie ~
    I think I need to take a road trip!!! Does she have regular hours? Is she a half hour north or south of you? I'd better MapQuest it!
    Thanks for the tour. It looks like it was a wonderful day. Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my stars!!!!! what a wonderful world of wooly delights! ~ you are one lucky girl to live so close to her my friend ~ Thanks so much for sharing with us!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those colonial colors had my interest. and really that is hooking heaven and a wine frig to boot.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete