Sunday, October 5, 2014

COOL, BEAUTIFUL AUTUMN!

I can't believe how much the weather has changed this past week!  I'm loving it...but I need to get out and start my fall decorating...I'm just a little late this year!  This is a rug I started hooking at the Lake Side Ohio hooking weekend last week.  What a blast!!  I just love this hook in...so many nice women, food, and tons of inspiration!  It's a design from Janice Johnson of "Wooley Woolens" in Independence Missouri.  I love the colors...plus it matches my bathroom, which I am ashamed to say it still a product of the 50's....pink and black...UGH!!  But I think with the help of this rug, maybe it won't look so bad!  This is a fun, fun rug to hook.  It's on linen and I'm hooking with 8's, 8.5's, and 9's for the background.....

                               

Next....I just received my new Maggie Bonanomi book, " Thistle Down Moon "...it is just beautiful!  I went thru it last night and can't wait to be able to sit down and read all of her projects...you know has a lovely story to tell with each and every project!  I 've already seen three things I would like to make for myself.


Well....back to hooking.....have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful hooking on your Woolley Woolens pattern! That's one of my favorite places to go for patterns. It's cooling down here in NJ too and I'm loving it! :-) Thistle Down Moon is another great Maggie B book... should keep us busy throughout the winter, no? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie,
    Your hooking is beautiful and I'm so excited to hear you will be hanging a rug in your bath room also!! The Maggie B. one I'm hooking is destined for my powder room if and when I ever get to hooking on it again!! LOL! I need to get Maggie's new book too... happy hooking and can't wait to see it all done... such lovely colors!!
    Hugs!!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Bobbie, loving your rug, so beautiful. The weather here is very cool now, Fall is in the air.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your rug is turning out. Shhhh..dont tell nyone, but oour bathroom is that 50's pink too. Yuck..not prim at all. Cannot wait to redo it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, have a pink bath and have always hated it but I'm still stuck with it!
    Your rug is wonderful!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shades in your rug, has a nice vintage look to it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely stunning !!!!!! I just received Maggie's book...and read it cover to cover, can't get enough !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bobbie,
    Your rug is just beautiful!! I'm sure it will make your bath look stunning!! I am so happy you mentioned Maggie's new book too! I have all of her other books and love them, so I need to add this one to my collection! I so envy your cool temps as we have been in the 100's here in CA!!! When everyone is pulling out their sweaters, I am still wearing tank tops and shorts!!! I just have to think "Autumn thoughts!" It is my favorite time of year no matter where I am!!
    Have a great week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete