Thursday, October 9, 2014

LITTLE BITS OF FALL.....


Welcome autumn...beautiful blue, sunny skies...cool temps..the perfect autumn days of late!  Just a few pictures of my home with the little bits of fall here and there.  We are still in the process of remodeling our basement, from the flood via broken pipe that occurred in January....so I really can't get to a lot of my fall decorations...just had to work with what I had.....

My entry way..my newly purchased, 1800's dough box. The pumpkins made by Tammy Jias here in Michigan.


Always, always, one of my favorite handmades...given to me by Lori Rippey, Homespun Prims, by Lori, a few years ago for my birthday....


My dining area off of the living room...small but sweet...the wall looks green, but it's actually taupe.



My tombstone cupboard.



A stack of primitve, early footstools....



Early dovetailed box with berries and a pumpkin.  A garland of black walnuts and a penny rug runner I made a few years ago...a Maggie B design.


Last, but not least, is this wonderful spoon rack with wooden spoons that I purchased from Carole's Country Store last week.  Carole had such wonderful taste in early decor...she had an eye for those "out of the ordinary, tasteful items" that many of us enjoy in our homes.    Hoping to go to Cambridge City Indiana  this weekend for their antique show on their main street. 





7 comments:

  1. Love your decorations and the basket is a nice idea for fall, need to hit the thrifts again.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Fall decorating Bobbie. Looks so warm and inviting, love the spoon rack too.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful. LOVE the new dough box.
    Good luck at the show this weekend.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Fallish WELCOME!! Question....the sampler on the wall (second picture from the top)....I think it's called "The Chase". Did you do it? I have one my Mother did. Love it and seeing it on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Fall décor. I also have the Chase sampler hanging on my wall. I still love that piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treat.
    Love the stacked foot stools.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete