Sunday, November 2, 2014

GATHERING TREASURES....

Yesterday, was one of those days you look forward too every year...going to Ohio to the Gathered Treasures Show...I met up with pals, Melissa, Lauren, and Sheila to do some serious shopping...and the day did not disappoint! Here are a few of my finds...but I did stop on the way home in Findlay at the Jeffrey's Antique mall on I-75 and found some more goodies:

These are the items I found at Jeffrey on the way home..A 1900 Art FAbric Mill doll with the most beautiful early blue calico dress, a wonderful Nabisco Biscuit wooden box...the graphics are really good, the little blue cupboard that I will use to display my putz sheep this holiday season and then the folk art, wooden carved face Santa...signed by Cathy Schneider, 1985...he is really nice in person.  The two little wooly sheep I made this past week...I just thought they looked cute in the box!  The early potty chair I purchased at the Gathered Treasures show.


This is the top of the little cupboard with some early hand carving..it is the most beautiful blue.  The tree in the background was also a buy at GT..it's tall and looks so old (even though the dealer assured me it was not)...still looks it! 


A little cupboard and an oxblood, colored trunk that I also purchased at GT...I love them both..and last but not least was my Arnett Santa from the Simple Goods show..I bought another one, but it is a gift for someone special...so I can't show it now...but it is just gorgeous!!  

Well...I'm off to Holly Primitives to visit and shop at my friend Dawn's awesome store...Then I'll be done shopping (for myself) for quite a while!! Have a great day! 

10 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!wonderful treasures you found, great shoe I want to get to one time.Love the Santa, they are special.
    Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bobbie,
    You were very bad!!! I'm surprised you had time to shop at Jeffrey's since it was so late when you left. I haven't been there for years and years!!!
    I love that little blue cupboard!!! Great finds.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who Bobbie! You done good!! I love that little blue cupboard and can just picture antique Putz sheep in it. The art fabric mill doll is wonderful. I love her dress. Love everything! I bought a new Arnett's Santa this year too. it's for in the guest bedroom. I sure wish I could get to those shows some day. I love Jeffrey's too! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful finds. You will have fun decorating this year! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was supposed to be WOW not who! iPad strikes again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finds, it is always fun to stop in new places when we go on trips.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bobbie,
    Score!! Love all your finds! I used to go to Jeffrey's when I lived in OH and just loved looking!! Happy you found some treasures!!
    Love your Arnett Santa too!! I always enjoy putting mine out!
    Have a great week!!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice treasures. Hope you had a great Halloween. It snowed here both Friday and Saturday which was weird as we went down to Roseville and sun out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those cupboards. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang I wish I could have gone with you Bobbie....you did good making the rounds.
    I hoped you saved some money for Black Sheep Farms
    Love all of it and your Arnett Santa is wonderful!!!!!!!!!
    I was not able to make it to Dawns today.
    Have a great week.
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete