Saturday, June 27, 2015

AMERICAN FLAG RUG AND PORCH ARE DONE...

After waiting for four long weeks, our porch is finally finished...YIPPEE!!  I hooked the American Flag rug by The Old Tattered Flag, specifically for our door off of the porch.  It was an easy one to hook and only took me a couple of weeks.  It was on monk's cloth but I much prefer linen....It measures 54in long.

Next are a few pictures of the porch:  Somethings you just never get rid of...I bought the Warren Kimble picture back in 1991 from Spiegel's (remember that store?).  I've had it in every room of the house over the past twenty three years...now, it will hang proudly on my porch. I always loved his prints!


Another corner of the porch...still have a little sprucing to do!


Another corner...the table belonged to my husbands grandparents...it was given to them as a wedding gift.  I had planned on painted it black but never got around to it....another day!


Tomorrow, we are having a birthday celebration, for our youngest grand child, Alexandra...she turned one last Thursday...Having about 50 people over....I just hope the weather is a lot better than it was today...it was terrible here in lower Michigan...I resorted to long pants, socks, and a jacket...awful..

Here's our little birthday girl...such a cutie!




9 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! Happy birthday to your grandbaby. The porch is fabulous. What a great space and a perfect place for a fabulous hooked flag. I remember Spiegel very well. I studied that catalog! We are still being drowned in PA for way too long, and now it is really cool and will be all week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Alexandra! I LOVE your porch Bobbie! I would love a screened in porch like that. I remember Spiegals and that print too! Enjoy your new porch. It adds a whole room to your house! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Forgot today your flag rug is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you! It looks amazing! The porch, the flag, everything! The little sweetie is a doll too! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bobbie,
    Hooray for your new porch!!!! What a nice place to relax and entertain!! Love your new rug too.....looks amazing on the door!! Warren Kimball has always been a favorite folk artist too!! Alexandra is just a little DOLL!!! Hope she has a wonderful Birthday! My little Sophia will be 4 next month!!! Hard to believe!!!!!
    I wish I could send you some of our 99 degree temps and get some of your weather!!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! Baby pics are always the BEST! Love her smile! :-) Your porch looks very inviting! Love the flag you hooked too! Funny you mentioned Spiegel's... not only did I used to get their catalog... but last night we were watching a game show channel (buzzer) and one of the "showcases" on "Let's Make A Deal" was from Spiegel catalog! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, happy birthday to Alexandra. That 10 month picture of her is one of the best!!! The sun in actually shining for a bit in Ohio, but it is not a pleasant day. Feels more like April.
    Your porch looks great and the rug is just perfect. You sure hooked that in a hurry.
    I, too, remember Spiegel's...sigh.
    Missed you yesterday :(
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Birthday wishes to that darling little girl!!!! I love the porch Cathy, very warm and cozy looking. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The porch looks wonderful and a nice space to sit and relax.
    She is such cutie and a fun age for birthdays.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete