Tuesday, June 9, 2015

LOST IN A SEA OF CRAZINESS.....

I'm embarrassed to blog, since it's been over two months...oh well...such is life....I love to blog, but honestly...I've been busy!  Babysitting, yard work, traveling here and there (that's a whole post in itself), and trying to find time to hook and stitch.  Plus...I spend too much time on Facebook.  I love my iPhone..but it can be a hindrance since I have no self control NOT to look at it.  So here goes...


First...this is the rug I believe I showed way back in February.  A design by Vintage Heart Primitives.  It's hanging on a wall in my dining area.  Love, love, love, her designs.  I started another one, "Joseph" but haven't finished it yet.  In the midst of  hooking, I've been stitching and framing the samplers I completed over a year ago...ugh!  This one I just framed last evening:

  
The design is by Pineberry Lane and I think it is one of my favorites, plus I had an antique pine frame that surprisingly fit the sampler....shocker!!  


Now I'm working on a design, "Mother's Garden" by Blackbird Designs.  It's a gift for someone special...but it's taking much longer than I thought it would....but it will be worth it!


Oh...and did I mention yard work?  We had eight large trees cut down in our back yard and countless overgrown shrubs and bushes removed.  So now we have tons of sun in our yard, but we had to do a lot of planning and planting.  Whew....I don't mind it...but I don't like working in the hot sun! This is one side of the yard.  


This is a corner where we  had tons of over grown bushes, hostas, violets...Love my bee skep and my  bee skep house I purchased at the show in Holly this past March.  


And of course the endless task of going on treasure hunts....that never seems to end nor does my quest for finding old stuff at good prices! 


Our youngest grand child, Alexandra....she will be one year old June 25.  We're having a big birthday bash for her in our back yard...    She is soooo sweet, and has just started walking...


Then we have Rory....she turned one year old in April....she's all over the place.  We are babysitting her 3 to 4 days a week...she sure keeps us on our toes!!






6 comments:

  1. That is what I used to be like, getting too old now, lol.
    But keeping busy is good, keeps us young and creating is a great way to relax.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Mothers garden design. Your grandbabies are soooooo cute! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie,
    So happy to see you could post pictures!
    LOVE your sampler and your grandbabies are just too precious.
    See you soon at Kingwood.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bobbie,
    Love your rug, sampler, garden, bee skep, and those two Angel Granddaughters!!!
    They really made me smile!! I'm sure they do that to you as well!!! Sooooo darling!!
    Oh, and that seed box is awesome too!!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gardens look great !
    Its always satisfying to get projects done and crossed off the list !
    Your granddaughters steal the show ! Very sweet smiles.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete