Monday, July 6, 2015

BEE HIVE RUG & A DIFFERENT FINISH....

Good morning!  It's so beautiful today in lower Michigan that I am wondering why the heck I am inside instead of outside...just wanted to share a rug that I just completed last evening.  It is a design from Kelley Belfast from way back in the old PRGH (Primitive Rug Hooking Group) that was formed from like-minded rug hooking gals.  Kelley had many little booklets with just the sweetest designs...


When visiting with Lauren (Rugs and Pugs), she taught me a new way to finish off rugs.  It's so darn fast and I just love it!  It is a technique shown on YouTube by Julie Thomas and her mom, Carol...of The Old Tattered Flag...here's the link:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaFuT21HKHY.  I met Julie and her mom at the Western Reserve Hook In in Chardon Ohio this past May.  My stitches are not that neat or perfect, but it is the first time I've used this finish...

It's kind of hard to see where my wool loops are, but you get the idea.  Watch the Youtube video and you'll get a much better idea...I found this magazine at Kroger's this past weekend and I love it!  I think I am leaning more toward the "farmhouse" style of decorating as opposed to the primitive style. It's so reminiscent of my child hood and spending summers in Alabama at my aunt's farmhouse...

Have a good evening.......and don't forget to check out The Old Tattered Flag...they have quite a few of very instructional videos on rughooking and needle punch as well.....have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Great rug, Bobbie. Glad you like that finishing technique, but I don't think it goes that fast...or maybe I'm just slow...lol.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Bobbie, thanks for pointing people to our videos. I'm glad you like the technique we use. ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete