Saturday, July 11, 2015

Farmhouse Whites....

Lately, I've been loving the farmhouse whites that seem to be so popular now...I don't know if it's the summer or just a needed change in my home.  In my kitchen...I've changed from primitive to more of a farmhouse....

A narrow, but long shelf I found at Hobby Lobby for ten dollars...painted some soft white on it.  My Ironstone plates I purchased in PA last year, along with some taupe striped towels and an early metal salt bin with some greens.


A favorite, early spice cabinet, that someone long ago painted white...perhaps a farmer's wife who was also in love with white....


My old white butter churn,  sitting on top of my old grain bin.  I would probably do my whole house in the white theme...but my husband would never go for it...I had a hard enough time with primitives and dark wood....much less white!


This is not my kitchen, but a post from Kelley Belfast's blog this past week....I love it!!  There is something so serene about white on white...so many different shades of white .....


And who doesn't like jars full of white, vintage buttons?  I have no idea what to do with them...but I love them in old jars and bottles...Oh well...I'll keep on dreaming....Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I am getting to the point of wanting lighter colors, maybe a few rooms to start, but I do like to have different themes, fun to create around.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm with you Bobby, love the chippy white farmhouse white. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bobbie!!!!
    Are you going to be at Dawns show in September?

    ReplyDelete