Thursday, July 16, 2015

FUN IN OHIO...

My husband and I just came back from a two day trip to Amish country in Ohio.....I love it there!  We have been going at least twice a year since the mid 90's and we never tire of it.  So much shopping, eating, and we love the Carlisle Inn in Walnut Creek.  I bought a few little treasures to spiff up my house (not that I needed anything new), but I believe this was my favorite.  We stopped on the way back at Seville Antiques in Seville OH....and my oh my...what wonderful, wonderful early primitives they have to offer.  Joyce, the owner, is the nicest most helpful lady not to mention tireless in her quest for good dealers and helping her dealers with the beautiful displays and booths.  I was able to find this early sampler (1840) and then two beautiful blue pieces of homespun...one day I'm going to bring home a fabulous cupboard or two!
 
 
Now don't laugh...but I  had a small batch of business cards made up with my selling name and blogsite.   Not that I sell so much, but I do the show in Holly twice a year and people were always asking for a card....not sure why....but now I have them.  
 
   

I love Misi's  Gable House creations.  I'm never quite in time to purchase anything when she lists them, but this wall pinkeep I was able to order and received it last week.  So beautiful...she is so talented....and with it came a beautiful, black wax ornament...it smells wonderful!

 
I purchased this old apron with the most beautiful cranberry, nubby fabric, but what I thought was most interesting was the way it was fastened...not by a tie, but by these two brass metal clasps...I thought it so unique and pretty!
 
 
Well...it's well past 8 am and I had big plans, but instead I think I'm going to work out in the yard....it's such a beautiful day!  Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

  1. Love your sampler and all your other treasures! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbie,
    Oh my!!!! LOVE your sampler!!!!! We loved visiting Amish country when we lived in OH!!
    You certainly found some lovely things!!
    The pinkeep from Misi is just wonderful too and the apron is as well!! Love the clasps!! Have a great week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Walnut Creek. We got to Berlin to the Craft Cupboard-wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Walnut Creek. We got to Berlin to the Craft Cupboard-wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the sampler so Bobby, great. Miss makes the most nearest goodies, love the piece.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Seville Antiques and have bought a few items from there. I want to go back in Sept and hopefully they will have a mule chest...its on my list of wants. Love your Sampler. Your business cards are sweet. We won't be in Holly for the Fall show..its our buying trip weekend. Will miss seeing you and my other buddies. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds, Bobbie. I have had luck buying samplers at Seville Antiques but not when I was there last month :( I plan to go to Seville on the 25th for their antique show - and Connie Bradley is having a wool sale. That could be an expensive weekend...lol!
    How funny. I am so close to Amish country and almost never go there.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those business cards are perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend! Your cards are perfect Bobbie.
    I think the whole week will be good for gardening.
    ENJOY
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete