Sunday, July 5, 2015

LAZY HAZY WEEKEND...

After all the company and partying we did during the week before last, this week was at such a slower pace.  I enjoyed it...got a lot of cleaning done, working in the yard, and some hooking done...

Just a few pictures to show the yard....everything thing seems to be in full bloom..or just about:










I've learned a lot about flowers this year, since we had removed so many trees and virtually have all sun in our yard now.  I know what to plant next year and what not to plant.  One flower I don't care for is Nicotania....and I'm not thrilled with the Sky Rocket Snap Dragons.   Geraniums and the purple leaved potato plants are just thriving, as are the marigolds.  It took me 12 hours of non-stop weeding last week before the birthday party...I think it was all the rain and the fact that I didn't put down Preen...that won't happen again....the flower beds were full of weeds!

This week I am planning of finishing a rug for the porch...it was a little bit bigger than I had planned but I'll find somewhere to put it!   Have a great week!


6 comments:

  1. I love your garden! It looks like a lot of work went into it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie your yard is wonderful...the sewing machine base is perfect! and all those tomatoes you've got already...Mom will be over for a tomato and mayo sandwich...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard looks wonderful! Love that large garden shop sign on the tobacco sticks.
    Those tomatoes look YUMMY!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bobbie, your gardens are beautiful. I love the bee skep and what you placed it in, amazing.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete