Monday, July 20, 2015

STITCHIN' ON OLD LINEN TOWELS

I love  finding old 100% linen towels...either I use them to hang in my kitchen, or I'm using them to stitch a sampler.  Either way...they are so  affordable and have a such a nice, nubby feel to them that you can't go wrong when you see one. 

I started a sampler last night on a towel that I have had tucked away for quite a while..actually...I have quite a collection of linen towels tucked away...I don't even know the count would be...I'm thinking like an 11 count??  Not sure, but they sure do work up fast...

 No pattern being used on this one...it's to fit in a very narrow and long frame...so I'll see what I can come up with...love using all brown threads...so many different shades....

Couple of pieces of my blue homespun that I picked up in Seville last Tuesday.  I am totally drawn to blue homespun...I don't know why..but I am .  A little rearranging today....finally got a gallon of paint to paint over the blue wall.  Now I just have to find the time to do it....or the ambition....funny...painting always sounds good until you actually come down to doing it...oh well..one day!

6 comments:

  1. I love your stitching!! Love your crocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbie,
    I love old linen too, as well as most other fabrics!! No wonder I get myself in trouble!!!
    Your sampler is looking great and I love the browns!!
    Your grouping is wonderful!! Love those crocks too!!
    Have a creative day stitching!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have been busy redecorating!
    Your sampler is going to be wonderful.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those towels will make great primitive samplers. I have old towels and tablecloths but I can barely see the weave. Way too fine with a sheen. Always on the lookout for others and old napkins too. I know what you mean about the paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bobbie, love love love the stitching on the old linen.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your header with the Pineberry Lane piece

    ReplyDelete