Wednesday, August 12, 2015

SAUDER....HERE WE COME!

So excited...tomorrow I'm heading off to Sauder Village for their Rug Hooking Week.  I always meet up with my pal Melissa from Ohio and off we go into a wool frenzy...you know the tune...we don't need wool...we buy wool...we don't need another pattern...we buy another pattern (or two)...Oh well..we've been doing this for five years and always have a blast!  We stay overnight in Wauseon, because Sauder is always booked up a year in advance, watch a couple of DVD's...this year I'm bringing "Poldark", the new PBS summer series...and hook and of course eat.  It's going to be so much fun! I have to add that we always manage to find a garage sale or two while we're in Archbold!

Tonight I had to get my act together and do a little color planning..well...not really...I just looked at the picture of the rug...and cut the wool.  It's a small one by Maria Barton...it's so sweet!


The antique mall is doing really well.  Earlene's daughter rented just about all of the booths...so that is good news for the rest of us.  I really enjoy having my own little primitive 10 x 10 shop!  So much fun...even my husband enjoys it!

Well...tally ho for now...have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You lucky duck! Wish I was going!! Remember that's where you and I met for the first time? Have a wonderful time with Melissa. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take lots of pictures to share...

    ReplyDelete