Sunday, September 27, 2015

CROCKED CRAZY IN PA

We had such a great time in Pennsylvania...shopping, antiqueing, and eating.  Although, we were only about one hour from all the Papal festivities, we had absolutely no problem with traffic or road closures.  Such a beautiful part of our country.  We love going to Kutztown's Renninger's Antique Extravaganza and spent the whole day there.  Although prices were up some from the last visit, I managed to find a few good items.  On Saturday morning, we got up at 6 am and went to Adamstown, where they also had their extravaganza...but it covered about 7 miles of shops and outdoor shows.  Our favorite  on Saturday was in Shupp's Grove..a flea market type venue...but there were some good finds.  And the weather was perfect!


The first is a 2 gallon crock with New Brighton, PA markings...has a small chip in the front but the price was right!  The next is a 1 gallon crock....I've never seen a 1 gallon before...so of course I had to add that to my collection and the tall crock I believe is a 4 gallon.  It's darker than my others and I'm thinking probably older too.  It didn't have any chips or cracks in it .These crocks were purchased from Shupp's Grove. The two  German crocks on the right,  I bought a few weeks ago in Allegan MI from a guy who was cleaning out his mom's house..None of them match...but I love them just the same!!


Ok...the next items were from Renningers...a Barbara Stein pincushion ( I love her pincushions), an old,  little wooden, Robin Blue Box, an early blue homespun apron, a stack of pantry boxes, an old washboard (I've never seen one shaped quite like that), and a little early oil painting.  Plus, I bought a bag full of early wooden frames for my samplers.

  I purchased this small reproduction cupboard and crock lamp, at Renninger's Kutztown also.


The last thing I bought, was this early, hand painted doll cradle..it's marked on the bottom "1857" in pencil with an inscribed name that I can't make out.  I love doll cradles!  I don't know what I'm going to do with this one, but I'm sure I'll find a little nook to put it in.  The folk art design on it is still quite lovely, considering it's age.  

Well, that's it for now.  I'm so excited to find new places for my stuff.  It was such a fun, fun trip!  My husband is the best traveling companion ever!  If he gets bored, he brings his book and reads in the car until I'm done...he had fun too...he's already planning for next year!  If you ever have a chance to go to this antique show...it's well worth the trip...I guarantee, you will see the most beautiful, early pieces you've ever laid your eyes on!  Even if I couldn't afford to buy the cupboards, tables, chairs from the early 1800's,  it's just a pleasure to be able to see and touch them!

11 comments:

  1. my bff Joan & her hubby Arthur are there in PA still at the festivals! you came home with beautiful things Bobbie :) you could fill that cradle up with small cross stitched pillows for each season! or wool worms, or old tomato pincushions....
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful goodies. Love the crock lamp. Will need to go to this market next year. We went to Rennigers in Florida last Nov. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Bobbie, what wonderful goodies you found, love that lamp also. Good time in PA for sure!!! Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice finds and unique pieces. I went antiquing today but nothing interested me. I was excited when I spotted an tin halloween garland in mint condition, then I sad, not for sale, errrr.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Bobbie!!!! Awsome finds and sounds like so much fun!
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful trip, sounds like so much fun, Love all of your goodies!!! Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! What awesome finds! LOVE those first two crocks!!! I was too tired (lazy) to bum out to Kutztown this weekend... maybe in the Spring...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun finds!! Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE, LOVE all of your finds, Bobbie! Oh how I'd love to go there. Maybe some day. Thanks for sharing all of the treasures you brought home. I was thinking of you. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. You done good, girlfriend. Wonderful purchases!
    I was there about 30 years ago. Maybe it's time to head back!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bobbie,
    Oh my, such WONDERFUL FINDS!!! The crocks, pantry boxes, apron, cradle, oh, EVERYTHING!!! It is so fun when you can bring home such lovely pieces to add to your collections!! I have visited that shop online many times and would so love to go there in person!! Sounds like you had the perfect time!!! I know you will find the right spot for everything!!
    Have a great week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete