Wednesday, September 30, 2015

IN MY OWN BACK YARD....

One of the items I have been searching for this summer, has been a small, round candle stand.  I was hoping I could find one in PA...it didn't have to be old or early (although that would have been perfect), I could not find one....every little table was square...I wanted a round one...so, wouldn't you know it...I went to a consignment shop in my neighborhood and there is was!  Like I said...it's not that old...not early, but it was what I wanted!  All for the price of $12!  It's probably from the 50's or 60's, but it's as sturdy as can be and out of pine....It needs a little sanding and waxing on the top..


I've been busy stitching a sampler and since it is quite a big sampler, I decided to try stitching it without a hoop.  It took a little while to get used to it, but I think I 'm finally getting the hang of it.  It does go a lot faster but you really have to be careful when counting those little squares!  That's my sewing box I made last year...it holds my threads, scissors, and pins that I need for my current projects.

Started to do some autumn decorating...my door wreath from an old basket top.  I made some of these last year for the show in Holly and I had this one left...so I decided to use it on my front door.   Can never have to many crows and pumpkins this time of year!

Well...that's it for today....I'm off to get my hair cut and hi-lighted...it's been two months and much needed!!  Enjoy this beautiful, autumn day!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Bobbie,
    Love your sweet candle stand! It looks so Colonial and just perfect with the candle on top!! I'm so happy for you that you found it in your own back yard, and the price makes it that much sweeter!!!
    Love your sewing box too and that sampler is a beauty!! One of these days I am going to try to tackle one!
    Darling wreath on your door!! The perfect way to welcome the upcoming holidays!!
    Enjoy your day!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Bobbie, love the round table stand. Your sampler is so sweet and one can never have enough crows.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little table. I do all my cross stitch/samplers without a hoop. I love the look of the piece in the hoop, but when I go to stitch I don't like the hoop to smash the stitches. No matter how loose I make it and no matter how I hold it my thumbs get in the way somehow. No coordination I guess. Without a hoop it is one less thing to keep track of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great little table! There is something nice about a little round table next to a cozy chair! Have to tell you I love the pic of all your adorable grands on your sidebar. You are a lucky lady!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little candle stand ~ especially the price!
    Love the sewing box you made.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it nice to finally find something you want! Love your handiwork on your sewing box. Wish I could find someone near me to teach me how to rug hook. Janice

    ReplyDelete