Sunday, October 18, 2015

A LITTLE HOUSE TOUR....


While my husband was away watching the football game..I had been itching for a few days to start changing things up a bit and adding a little more fall to the house.  So..I huffed and I puffed...and this is it...it's a little picture heavy...but I hope you enjoy! The first is my living room and then the dining area...I don't have a real dining room...just a small dining area...

My mantle for fall of this year...probably too much stuff, but I love it all!




Terrible lighting in my front room...


Horses, firkins, and pantry boxes on parade...


Some of my antique samplers that I've picked up here and there...


Dining area.....My big old crow...he is huge, but I just love him in with this pile of hand made gourds and acorns (made by Lori Rippey) and my old trencher.


My pie safe that was found totally dismantled and put back together by a friend.  Collection of coverlets...


Small grouping over my dry sink...and more pantry boxes...now I'm getting a little collection of old doll cradles...can't help myself...when I see an early one for the right price I just have to grab it!


My little cupboard that I purchased in PA last month...My trim is showing up as yellow...but it's actually creamy beige.  I have horrible lighting in my house....


Now a couple of pics in my kitchen..Simple kitchen window...with a rosemary topiary that has clung onto life for four months now...I have no luck with indoor plants...this one must really love me!

My little collection of old jars with rusty tops, filled with allspice and dried crab apples...plus my wooden  heart molds. The spoons and spoon holder came from Carole's Country Store two years ago..I just love it!



The eating corner of the kitchen...not very primitive, I know, but the chairs are very comfortable! Next year, I'm hoping to get that wall knocked out so I can open the kitchen into the dining area and have just one long harvest table.


Well....thanks for looking!  I love reading other blogs especially when house pictures are posted, so I hope you enjoyed mine!!  Have a great Sunday!

17 comments:

  1. Bobbie,
    Everything is just perfect. I love it all, especially the antique samplers.
    Hope to see you in November.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the Gathered Treasures Show!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Bobbie,
    Oh my!!!! So many things to love in each room!! The fireplace looks perfect with your special touches!!! Love the horses on top of the cupboard and your firkins and pantry boxes too!! The crow looks awesome in the trencher with the fabric pieces made by Lori!!
    One of my favorite things is the wooden heart mold!! LOVE!!!!
    Amazing how adding those sweet pumpkins just lends the perfect touch!! I really enjoyed my visit!!!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julie! Those fabric gourds and pumpkins are my favorite! The wooden heart mold I just purchased from Earlene last month..seems like her and I are always buying from each other!!

      Delete
  3. Bobbie, I love, love, love your home and decor.....I especially love your collections, your wall of samplers is just wonderful......would love to see your kitchen, is it small? Mine is small and long, it works, until we have the whole crew here then it gets a bit cramped........but that's what makes home cozy ;)

    Blessings
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda! My kitchen isn't really big but it is square and I have totally too much furniture in it...but It's fun to decorate!

      Delete
  4. Oh my Bobbie I loved peeking inside your home I saw many goodies I like! I have been working on so many Christmas items for the Breckenridge show that I am seriously considering to start decorating for Christmas...especially seeing the snowflakes this morning. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love peeking in prim homes as well! Yours is so lovely, I love all of your autumn touches!

    (We're living in my gram's house, so no prim pics from me until we move and reunite with our belongings. This house has terrible lighting also, so I understand!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Bobbie, your home is warm and welcoming. Love all your collections and those samplers are so wonderful. I love that big crow too, looks great in the trencher. Thanks for sharing your cozy home decorated for Fall. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks wonderful and I love your groupings.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited you posted your beautuful house pics Bobbie!!!!
    Let me know if your ever decide to sell that trencher with the crow :0)
    Hugs
    Can't wait for Gathered Treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love looking in the nooks and crannies. You have some lovely displays.Warm Blessings!~♥Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your decorations!! You have beautiful things!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely enjoyed the tour. Love the horses, firkins, spoons, chairs, mantel, lanterns, lamps, boxes..... you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did with the place. It reminds me so much of my grandparents' house. They had antiques and old books all around there home, on shelves, in cabinets and on tables. Since we were younger, they have updated the style of their home, but you can still sense the antique like feel to it.

    Troy Fleming @ Don Mills Builders

    ReplyDelete