Sunday, November 8, 2015

Gathered Treasures and Seville

Yesterday, was such a fun day!  My friends and I  traveled down to Mansfield OH to attend the Gathered Treasures show and Simple Goods.  The Gathered Treasures show was awesome..crowded...so crowded...packed like cattle!!  But there were treasures for everyone!  I purchased the wooden pie rack in the corner...it was the first thing I spotted and the first thing I bought!!  Then, the black sugar tin in the foreground I purchased at SG.  Actually, it was the only thing I bought at SG.  The show was good, but way out of my price range.  It was set up so nice this year.  I think the new promoters did a great job in the layout...much lighter, more entryways.  We had fun just looking around...getting ideas.  I'm a table freak...so every table I saw I wanted to bring home with me...but I need a bigger house...so they'll be just a pleasant memory....The large tombstone cutting board, hanging on the wall was a Seville Antique Shop purchase.  I love that shop!  They always have something I have to bring home.

I also purchased two additional cutting boards from Seville...but of course, they're mixed in with all my other cutting boards.  We also went to the antique mall across from Seville...I can't remember the name of it...but they had awesome primitives too.  I bought a small, early, handmade stepstool and a couple of grey granite pie pans.  Getting ready to make more molasses pies for my Christmas decorating.


Last but not least, is this little make-do towel hanger I made last week, from an old kraut cutter.  It's just the right size for this small narrow wall in my kitchen.  The towel with the red cherries, was my grandma's towel.  She used it as a flour cloth when she made pie dough and biscuits. Grandma couldn't quite figure out why I would want her old flour cloth when I asked to have it about thirty years ago, but she gave it to me anyway....and it is such a special treasure.

It was a long drive coming back from the shows last evening...poor Earlene had another hour's drive from my house...but I think we can all safely say it was worth the trip!! Have a pleasant Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful treasures. Thank you for sharing, Bobbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that tombstone cutting board is giving me palpitations! all your finds are divine...what is it about old cutting boards...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great treasures, Bobbie! I, too, love that tombstone cutting board. I've never noticed that shape before.
    Great job on the make-do towel hanger. How sweet is that cherry towel? Memories...aaahhhh.
    Good to see you and Earlene and to meet Nancy.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cutting board collection is wonderful !!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome tombstone board! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbie the wood pie stand is perfect in that spot!!!!
    All looks very very nice!
    Hugs
    earlene

    ReplyDelete