Friday, March 25, 2016

GOOD FRIDAY...AND BRRR...IT'S COLD!

It sure doesn't seem like Easter-like weather today...I hope on Sunday it's a little warmer...but at least the sun is shining!  A little picture of my sweet little mohair dog and a couple of little books.  The dog and "Lily" book was given to me by my good friend Sally Beauman.  She finds the sweetest things in her travels.  I love this book...when my daughter was a little girl, I would make up stories about a little red-haired girl named "Lily" and her wild mischievious, adventures.  My daughter, Renee, now tells her little girl the same stories...and my granddaughter Karsyn, loves hearing me tell the same stories.  


Today, is our wedding anniversary....44 years ago today, my husband and I tied the knot.  Me in my yellow and white, homemade hippie dress!!  It's still hanging in the basement.  It had a yellow, satin ribbon under the empire waist, that I saved  for my daughter's wedding.  She had it in her bridal bouquet...and now it's saved for her daughter Rory...to, perhaps, use it in her wedding bouquet.

 
I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend!  I'm having the family over, serving ham and stuffed cabbage....


6 comments:

  1. Cute vignette! Happy Anniversary!~♥Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to you two!!!! Happy Easter too. hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afternoon, I love the wee display.... Happy Anniversary you two.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dog, such a fun piece.
    Happy Anniversary!
    And, Happy Easter!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and Happy Easter.
    Blessings,
    ~Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and I love that picture of you two!!!!

    ReplyDelete