Thursday, March 31, 2016

IT'S A START.....

Few new changes to my hooking/sewing/jewelry making room.....It's a little picture heavy, but I hope you'll enjoy...I know I really love looking at everyone's work rooms....I'm still working on the "purge" so don't mind a little clutter here and there....A vintage green jelly cupboard, without doors that I picked up this weekend for a good price.


A few of my "what-me-nots" piled on...The sheep rug is a design from "Heavens To Betsy".  I just finished it a few weeks ago.  


My desk with my nifty little wheeled turquoise cart from Ikea...and dress form...I think I'll call her
Lil...... 


She's wearing a few of my necklaces...


And a beautiful, white vintage embroidered table cloth with the initial "B".....


Ok...now to the really messy part...my wool....It looks as if it's ready to topple on to the ground...I have tried to keep it organized according to color...but  you know when you're hooking....you just keep pulling out pieces...yeah....well, that's exactly what happens with me...and they never seem to find their way back home.... 


My little TV and DVD player...I have a small stack of DVD's that I watch over and over again...because....when you're hooking, you don't really have to pay attention to what's playing...kind of like white noise....but with meaning...

I love this sign...bought it in PA a couple of years ago....makes sooo much sense...

My cheapy white bookshelf...I keep my stitching floss in the hardware boxes and cross stitch patterns in the blue binders.  They are sort of organized...


The closet.....what can I say?  Everything that is unsightly is shoved in there...but...it is somewhat organized.....somewhat....


Last but not least, is a rug I have seriously been working on and off for over three years. I have unhooked and hooked so many times, I'm surprised the linen has held up...just one of those rugs I can't get a grip on.... 


Well....I hope I haven't bored you too much....This Saturday, my hooking pals & I from Holly Michigan are heading down to Wellington, OH for the Wool Yankers Hook-In....We are all so excited....Have a great weekend!! 



11 comments:

  1. Your wool isn't any more messy than mine. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you room! It looks like a very relaxing space to work in. Believe me your wool is not messy. I would not even be able to show a picture of my rug hooking, punchneedle, sewing, scrapbooking & craft room. So many things going on in there. : ) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great room Bobby, your wool looks fine.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks GREAT!
    Safe travels. See you Saturday.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your room and how you decorated it with antiques and sewing items, so fun.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Bobbie!!!
    Love love love the new cupboard!!!! Great piece and it"s huge, just right for what your using it for.
    All you ladies have a wonderful weekend in Ohio.
    I am heading home Saturday.
    (((Hugs))) Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bobbie,
    I would LOVE to come and spend some time with you, stiching, punching, hooking and chatting away the day!! You have so many wonderful things to surround you and keep you company!! The sign is great too, and made me smile!!! Hope you enjoy your special day away with friends!! Sounds like so much fun!!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Warm Hug~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room is awesome! Love the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful room to relax and create in! I really like that sheep rug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful space to get creative in The new green cabinet is awesome Thank You for sharing it all
    linda m

    ReplyDelete