Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A FEW NEW FINDS....

Boy...when you sell in an antique mall and do a primitive show twice a year....it really keeps you on your toes!!  It seems like I go out just about every weekend treasure hunting...the only problem is...when I find something I like...I have a hard time parting with it!

My husband & I love to go together....I'm lucky I have a guy who will take me just about everywhere...and when he gets bored....he brings his book and a pair of reading glasses and sits in the truck waiting patiently!

A couple of weekends ago, we went to a couple of shops not far from the house,  I didn't know  existed until some of my hooking buddies informed me...it was a fun day!!

First is a shabby, white cupboard I picked up for a song in Goodrich MI, Yellow Dog Antiques.  I fell in love with it, because my kitchen is mostly in farmhouse whites...it will be hard to part with..well...if I decide to part with it!



Next, is an old bird house I purchased this weekend....I think it is a "Martin Birdhouse"...another treasure I'll have a hard time parting with....


Three pieces I've had for a little while....still haven't made their way to the show or the mall....the checkerboard is a beautiful, original mustard and barn red (very faded) piece from the 1800's.  I bought it at the mall that I sell from, The Antique Mercantile in Jackson, MI.  The crock I purchased in Seville, OH from a lady that was closing her booth...she had been selling antiques for over 50 years and had a hard time keeping up, so sadly she closed her little booth.  The black trunk is a Kathy Graybill piece  that I purchased right before Christmas. I love Kathy's painted pieces!!!


Well..that's it for today....I'm making very little progress on my hooked rug...seems I've not been in the hooking mood lately....I guess I'm too busy shopping!  Have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. excellent pieces Bobbie...the bird house has me green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I really think the white cupboard is right at home where she is and you should not make her sad by getting rid of her!
    Be blessed,
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooo Bobbie that new white cupboard is fabulous!!!!!
    Like how you displayed it.
    Awsome birdhouse.
    Nice seeing you and David today :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great finds. I could never deal because I just can't part with things.
    See you again soon!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really find some wonderful pieces. We have a lot of antique consignments and they usually have good deals, fun to visit since they change the stock frequently.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finds. Loving that interesting birdhouse !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Bobbie, I love the prim white cupboard, great piece. Also the birdhouse is fabulous too, I would have bought it. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! L-O-V-E the old white cupboard, I would have a hard time letting it go, too! Awesome martin bird house, maybe was also used to train carrier pigeons on the farm? Either way it's a good find, enjoy your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new finds I love it when Bob and I go shopping for our store andshows. So much fun! Janice PS and it is hard at times parting with things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bobbie,
    Such WONDERFUL finds!!! The cupboard looks just perfect and I think it has found its new home!!! Love the game board, the crock and the painted box as well, so I don't think any of it would be leaving!!
    Guess you will just have to go hunting again for some other treasures!!!
    Take care and enjoy your week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful finds. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete