Tuesday, April 19, 2016

A LITTLE OF THIS..A LITTLE OF THAT....

Just a few pictures to post on my stitching and my treasure hunting excursion with friend, Earlene of Primitive Passion Decorating.

Saturday, Earlene and I headed down to Ohio to The Granary in Curtice Ohio...it was so much fun!  Sandra Nolan has such a wonderful collection primitive furniture and smalls.We  then we headed down to Sandi Wise at her barn sale in Milan Ohio....I bought  two sweet, wooden bird cages from Sandi...I just love them and you don't see them very often and the bird book, printed in 1893, I purchased from Sandy Nolan...sweet little springtime treasures.



Now...onto the stitching.  I'm still plugging along on the 40 count linen.  It's really not too bad if you have the right lighting, the right glasses, and the right magnifying glass...ok....it's really bad...but I'm doing it!  I ordered some beautiful 40 count from 123 Cross Stitch and they were so fast in shipment, I couldn't believe it!

 
This is a special sampler I'm making for someone very dear to me...can't say who, in case she reads my blog....but I'll show it when it's completed.  It's stitched on 30 count and the design is by Blackbird Designs.  I just have the border to do.....I started this last year.....


A couple of little needle books or needle holders.  The one on the left, is of old, old calico that I believe is from the 1800's, the leather one on the right looks like it was from the 1930's or 40's. 


My little pincushion made by Rhonda Thomas, Old Glory Stars...and a beautiful box given to my by my friend Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) made by Marly (Samplers & Santas)....love them both!! And of course, my little gold shoe pinkeep... 


Last, but not least...is my funny little pincushion that always brings a smile to my face...I think she is adorable!


Have a great evening everyone!




6 comments:

  1. I love the look of stitchery on linen but way too small for me.
    The funny pin cushion is a fun find.
    I wanted to thank you for your kind words but your comments come in as no reply. It meant a lot to me.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning, your stitchery is beautiful, lucky someone.... Great treasures there, cute pincushion.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the old birdhouses!
    See you Saturday.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I'm always enjoying things created by needed by needle and thread, I'm a real sucker for an old book. I find them incredibly beautiful and feel so transported back in time every time I open one up and begin reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bobbie,
    Love all of your sweet finds!! I would have picked the same things you did!! Love old books and those bird cages are wonderful!!! Those needle books are wonderful too!! Your stitching is so nice and I can't imagine using 40 ct!!! I have some 32 that is just waiting for me but I keep putting it off!! One of these days!!! Darling granddaughter too!! I sure do miss mine!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete