Sunday, April 10, 2016

SUNDAY MORNING...

Like everyone else who lives in this part of the country...meaning Michigan and it's neighbors..it's hard to believe it's April...where the heck did awful weather come from??  At least we didn't get the snow that was predicted for us.

So,..here it is...Sunday....cold, dreary...I've been stitching on 40ct linen this week.  Not an easy task for a 63 year old...but with my Ottlite, my magnifying glasses...I think I might do ok.  I'm not a big fan of stitching with only one strand either & I have to stitch without a hoop....YIKES!!    But....I'm giving it a shot.

I'm making some necklaces for the pocket watch pendants....


Don't mind the turquoise lines...it's one of those Mark-B-Gone pens.  It comes out easily with a little water.  The linen I'm using is hand dyed Linen in Doubloon.  I bought it in a really small piece ($2.53) to see if I could actually stitch in 40ct.  My favorite xstitch shop "Stitches 'n Things", located in Fenton Michigan.  The owner Deb and her staff are just about the friendliest people that you would want to meet!  And her selection of sewing needfuls, exceed any other cross stitch shop!!


I love these thread minders or thread keepers...So unique and cute!!!  I'll probably never use them...I'll just display them....

I have always loved, Fat Hen Farm's handmade dolls....they are so authentic looking and the feel and weight of them make them look as if they were from the 1800's.  I purchased this one last week from EWM and she arrived safely on Wednesday...Love the fabric..very early brown calico...


Well....that's it for today.....Have a wonderful Sunday....stay warm...and stay safe...we are in for more bad weather today....

7 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! I love the look of stitchery done on 40 ct. linen and admire those who can manage to do such intricate stitching. Doubt I could stitch on such linen even with my Ott light and magnifier these days.

    Great thread minders, I love anything vintage having to do with needle work and what a sweet prim doll you have adopted!

    Keep warm, it's been cold and snowy here in NY as well, looks like spring weather is on hold this year, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet little cross stitches. I don't think I could stitch on 40 count!
    Love your thread minders and that doll is too precious.
    Happy Sunday.
    BBBRRRRR from Ohio.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bobbie,
    I just love your new little stitched pieces!! I have some new patterns to stitch but am just so afraid to try them!!! I guess one of these days I will just go and do it!!! Your thread minders too, so very cute!! The doll is just wonderful and I love her work too!!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get lost once i hit 16 count, lol.
    Love all your prim goodies.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those thread minders! Some great stitchin!!! Have a great week. Supposed to be a littler warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bobbie, so glad to find your blog, I have thinking about reviving mine. It seems when FB got so popular I just let it go. And then they changed the format somehow and I couldn't post very easily. The highest number of linen I have stitched is 32 don't know it I could do 40. I do like making the clock necklaces too. Have a good day, hope all of your snow goes away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Afternoon Bobbie, I love Fat Hen Farms too, such a sweet dolly. Adore your thread minders, your stitching is wonderful too. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete