Saturday, April 2, 2016

WOOL YANKERS' HOOK IN

Such a fun day!  Seven Holly hookers headed down to Wellington Ohio, for Connie Bradley's annual Wool Yankers Hook In....it was a blast!!!  Such a wonderful group of vendors...of course, I bought some wool, and I swore I wasn't going to...especially after the ton of wool I have in my room!  But...like any hooker...who could resist! Wonderful door prizes and raffle prizes (of course, as usual, I didn't win a darn thing....sniff, sniff)

I bought a piece of beautiful, had dyed blueish green wool from Somerset Wool..my favorite color!
And then the most gorgeous spot dyed wool from Susie Simmons...I can't wait to hook with it!!  Susie also had tons of other fabrics and mediums to hook with, Sari ribbons, chenille, velvets, etc.  And she is just the sweetest person!  I purchased a key chain/scissor fob from Melissa who had a wonderful display of her handmade bracelets...and Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) brought me a tub of Kamill Hand and Nail Cream...Thank you Lauren...my hands are a mess!!! Lauren also sold her beautiful spoon jewelry.....


We left the hook in amongst the blizzard and we headed to downtown Wellington to a delicious meal at Dimitri's Corner Restaurant....they have really good food at really good prices!

Some of my hooking pals had never been to a hook in before, so it was great that they had such a good time!!  Thank you, Connie.....for a wonderful day!!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some beautiful wools to work with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun was had by all! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie,
    Wonderful to see you. Hope to see you again at the end of the month.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time. We quilters are the same.....we say we are not going to buy fabric, but ...... you know we always ended coming home with some. It is really hard to resist no matter how much we already have.
    Have a great day.
    ~Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty wool, glad you enjoyed yourself.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bobbie,
    Sounds like the perfect way to spend a day........except for the blizzard part!!
    Glad you got home safe and sound with your fabulous treasures!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete