Friday, May 13, 2016

A GREAT DAY FOR PUTZING AROUND....

I don't get too many days where I can putz around in my house....with the baby, and my husband home...it's a nice break when I get the house to myself...it might sound selfish....but I do so enjoy just having the time and space to do what I want to do.

One of the things I enjoy is changing things up a bit.  Today I played around with my kitchen.  Moved my large table out to the porch and brought my little one in.  This table is about 100 years old.  It was my husband's grandparents...it was given to them for a wedding gift.  Of course, the table legs have been painted numerous times...but I saved it from the trash over 44 years ago.


I need some nice old white chair to go with it...but these black ones will have to do for now.

Last week I went to a flea market in Goodrich MI.  Actually, it was the M-15 yard sales.  I didn't go to any yard sale, but one of the antique malls had a huge flea market in their parking lot.  This was some of the things I purchased.  I really love the blue, table top pie safe...but it will be going to the show in Holly in September.  I guess I can't keep everything!  


I just wanted to show the items I purchased that the "From our Hearts and Hands Show" in Penisula two weeks ago...I'm a little slow in posting....These items were from Lisa Evans, of Folk for all Seasons.  She makes the most beautiful sculpted pieces out of old boxes, dough boards...you name it, she can add to it!


I purchased a few items from the Schombergs of OHio.  They are the sweetest couple!  He is a retired wood shop teacher from Ohio....and you can tell...his work is just beautiful!  I bought the shelf from him and then the two boxes in the next photo.


Well...we finally have had some decent weather...but it's going to go down into the 30's this weekend, so no planting annuals just yet.  I'm sick of this on again, off again weather....I would love to get my yard in order!  Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Its fun changing up things every now and then. Your goodies look nice! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking the same thing, nice to have time to myself, lol.
    I am still trying to get my husband to understand, that if he doesn't do it, I will, if he leaves it there, I will pick it up and that takes time out of my day;) Love the items you got, I always love to find new shelfs and wall items that I can use to store and display.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your finds, especially that shelf. I totally understand the quiet alone time. It's very rare for an entire day since retirement! I can do what I want without someone asking "why"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bobbie,
    Yes, I love those times I can just do my own thing!! We all need "Me" time!
    Love all your great finds too!! The shelf is awesome and those putz sheep........LOVE!!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Bobbie, love all your finds, so neat. Your home is so prim cozy, love seeing what you do in decorating.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE the items you got from Lisa, especially that sewing machine cover.
    See you in a couple weeks.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a joy to taste your eye candy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! Love the old table, so glad you saved it from the trash, especially since it has family ties! I've always liked the saying stitched on the sampler "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without". Fits right in with my "simple life" attitude. Also, have to comment on the shelf and boxes all of which are just wonderful!
    Still waiting for nicer weather to come around and stay around for more than a day here as well. Possible frost again tonight so no planting here yet either, ho-hum...

    Blessings,
    Sher

    ReplyDelete