Sunday, May 22, 2016

DIGGING IN THE DIRT...

Another beautiful day today...temps in the low 70's, bright sunny skies...a perfect day to play outside.  A a few pictures of the yard...it's a never ending job trying to keep things in order and keeping the weeds out...This is my little topiary garden I have on the porch.  It gets plenty of sun, so I figure they would do ok out here.  I've had them in my kitchen window since last summer...


THis is my little "kitchen garden"...different herbs that I plant every year...they seem to like these little metal pots....


I thought I would try a layered container garden for my lavender and thyme.


A cracked pot fit very well into the larger pot....more thyme and verbena.


French lavender and potpouri lavender in these pots...and my little spoon that Lauren gave me a couple of years ago..


And a little decorative plant hanger.  


Last but not least...is this beautiful stepback cupboard I bought at a garage sale last week.  Why is it laying on it's side, you might ask?  When I got it home...it was the filthiest piece of furniture I have ever bought.  It literallly looked like it had been buried in a six foot hole and then covered with dirt for the past 80 years!!!  I've had it upside down, right side up, and side to side to clean every nook and cranny.  I have to repaint some of the inside  but I really love the chippy paint with the green showing throught.  I just have to decide if I'm going to keep it or sell it.  Decisions, decisions!   

This is it before the power washing.....It probably looks about the same...but believe me....it's much better now!




11 comments:

  1. Looks like you scored yourself! We planted a few more shrubs...just got done watering. Janice PS ..and yes we were at Springfield. Wish we could go next month cause the admission is free and previous dealers get their booth for free too! It will be another good one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie,
    It was a beautiful day on Ohio's north coast, too! Yard work is never ending, isn't it?
    Your yard looks wonderful. I love that make-do birdhouse in your first picture.
    See you soon!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evening Bobbie, we also had a nice day..... Love your yard, nice pots and I too love the birdhouse. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plantings are very pretty and creative. I also like the cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you did your planters, really beautiful displays with the flowers.
    That is a great find, a shame that people let it go like that.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bobbie,
    Your garden and plants all look so wonderful!! I also love that birdhouse!! Your cupboard is a great find and at a garage sale, no less!!!! So happy you were able to rescue it and I know it will be so hard to part with after all that work!! Great chippy paint!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Warm Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your plants - I love that cabinet!! I love good garage sale finds - I hate how dirty they can be though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little gardens Bobbi. Everything looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely ways to display your plants !
    I need to get myself one of those spoons from Lauren !
    Your cupboard is a real find !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gardens are lovely, Bobbie! Love that cupboard. I stil vote for keeping it!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden looks beautiful. You put in a lot of hard work and creativity into your garden, and it shows! I love your layered flower pots. The cupboard looks fantastic. It’s amazing the kinds of things that you can find at a garage sale. I can definitely see you putting some of your plants in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete