Monday, June 20, 2016

FIRST DAY OF SUMMER

It's the first day of summer and the longest day of the year...yippee!! I've got lots to do but I just had few pictures to share.  I moved a few things in my sewing room..put up a shelf, I guess so I would have an excuse to display more stuff...I'm the only one who really sees it, but, I do enjoy my stuff! 



A few of my what-me-nots.  The little pink crucifix was my sweet sister-in-law's when she was born in 1942...sadly she passed away in January of this year.  I'll give it to Rory when the time is right. The little sampler, is one I stitched almost 40 years ago.  



My little "art nouveau" collection...for some reason I seem to be drawn to these little, guilded gold or bronze pieces....



.....and jars & jars full of "stuff"...I love old jars with white, rusty lids & love them even more when filled with white buttons..



Then last, but certainly not least, is a hooked rug, hooked by my friend Sue McFall.  It is just gorgeous!  It is an antique adaptation of an antique rug.  Design and wool by Lynn Kossarek of Romeo Michigan.  Lynn has the most beautiful hand dyed wool...all of her colors mesh together...no matter if it a deep purple or a sky blue...all of her wool works together.   

Have a great Monday everyone!!  It's going to be a hot one! 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bobbie,
    Love, love, love your sweet displays in your sewing room! It is always a "happy place" when you surround yourself with those things that make you smile!! Your rug is lovely and will look perfect in your home!!! Speaking of hot, is sure is here in AZ! We hit 120 yesterday and will still be in triple digits all week!! I am sooooo thankful for AC!!
    Take care and stay cool!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful things you have!! You are a very lucky lady! The way you have everything displayed is perfect! Thanks for sharing! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning,Happy Summer Bobbie!!!!! Love all your wonderful treasures, look great grouped together.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a decorators eye.. beautiful groupings and I especially love your rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bobbie
    I love all of your arrangements! Your rugs are beautiful as always.
    Looking forward to seeing you soon.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete