Monday, July 11, 2016

GOOD MONDAY MORNING......

It's funny.....but I don't seem to mind Monday's anymore...and I sure enjoy Sunday's...especially when there is a great antique show!  I attended one in Milan Ohio yesterday.  Hubs and I left the house at 7 am and it took us about 2 hours to get there but boy, oh boy was it worth it!!  It was a gloriously, sunny day and the vendors were ready to sell!!  I didn't buy too much..I'm on a money hiatus until the bathroom is done....but I still squeaked in a couple of buys..

First is a mirror and an early checkerboard, that is still fashioning it's advertising..a little worn and a spot that must have been attempted to clean...but I love it!



ANd then two pocket watches...both are far from repair...but I think they will look sweet on a chain..perhaps around an old teddy bear??  Then the sweet little melting pot..we stopped at Sandra Nolan's shop in Jerusalem OH on the way home...and I made a few purchases from her....Her shop is wonderful!!


I've been working on a penny rug for my table.  I thought I would make a big one...but it seems like I have been sewing pennies forever! I have 65 made...and 61 more to go! They are fun, but I really would like to get this project done before 2017!  I purchased a Sizzix BigSHot...which cuts out the most perfect wool circles...and that has cut down on time tremendously!  I just love it!


The background is a gold/green wool.  I've been trying to use the wool that was in my scrap basket...the pieces that aren't really good for hooking (too small) but good for circles).  

Then.last....this is a sweet little piece that my daughter made for me when she was only 7....the first punch needle I had ever seen....she worked on it so hard with her aunt and then gave it to me as a gift...so sweet!


Well...back to doing chores for the day...it's laundry day and grocery shopping day...then back to pennies!  Have a great day!!

6 comments:

  1. Love your finds! Pretty penny wool! Your strawberries are sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun finds and I like the idea of using the watches on old teddies.
    I did a large penny but my cats ruin them and hard to get the hair off, lol.
    I do have a cutter, still need to try it with wool.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the mirror I've been looking for! We ended up buying an insert and will be cutting out our own. Maybe I never found it because I don't go to the shows! Other items are great finds too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your goodies! I will need to check into this sizzit thing. What a fond memory of your daughter. Have a great week! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Bobbie, you do find some great treasures my friend. I love the penny mat so, those are wonderful colours, love!!!! Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bobbie,
    Love your newest treasures!!! I have 3 game boards and they are so fun to use for display! The mirror is wonderful and such a great size! What a great idea for pocket watches and they would also look sweet with a prim standing rabbit! Your daughter's punch needle piece is such a treasure!! I love punch needle so much!! I also love making penny rugs and the Sizzix sounds great! Does it come as a kit or do you have to buy separate pieces!! Have not seen them before so will have to look for them!! Would love to hear what you use!! If you get a minute, would love you to send me an email on the particulars!!
    Hope you have a lovely week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete