Friday, August 26, 2016

SO BUSY.....


I don't know what happened to the cool dry weather we were supposed to be having this week..but it's
been hot and steamy almost every stinking day!  I open my windows for a few minutes in the morning and then on with the AC....oh well...it wont last forever!

Hard to believe that in two weeks, the Early Homestead Show will be here!  Seems like I just did the spring show and now getting things tied up for the fall show.  It is a great show and so much fun.

Just a couple of things I've been working on.  First...the sewing totes using early 1800's homespuns and calicos...I'll be adding a few little sewing needfuls to each little tote..




And then...boxes upon boxes...I've been painting since the beginning of July and have just about all of them done.



A small table top trunk that I picked up at a barn sale last month...I've yet to antique and wax it...



And then I have a couple of black sock dolls from the early 1900's that will be making their way to the show as well..both are in red.... My basement is full of prim goodies that I'm taking to the show...all packed and priced...I'm way ahead of the game this year....I hope!


It's been a busy, busy day today...had six of the grand children over...between chasing them, feeding them, and watching a movie...I'm exhausted!   Have a great weekend!!










































6 comments:

  1. very good having things packed and priced already...always the worst part of getting ready for a show if you ask me...can't wait to see how you finish up those boxes...how wonderful to have so many grands hanging out with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it is two weeks either. You are WAAAAY ahead of me.
    See you soon!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks terrific. I want it all ! Lol
    Hope you have a very successful show.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bobbie,
    Wow!! You certainly have been busy, busy, busy!!! Love all of your boxes and other goodes you are taking to the show!!! Hope you do very well and have a lovely time!! So glad you are way ahead of the game this year!! So nice to have some time with the grands and then send them home so you can get some much deserved rest!!!!
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a thing for boxes. Yours are great and the berries are sweet!

    ReplyDelete