Thursday, September 1, 2016

EARLY BLUES....

Once great thing about painting....you get to make a fresh start with your decor.  I'm though with color on the wall...from here on out, it's white, off-white, and more white on the walls!  I like to change things up so often, that it's more of a pain when you have a dominate color to deal with...

My husband just painted the second bedroom last evening, so I decided to make it my "Blue Room"...here are some pictures...it's a little plain...but for now..that's fine with me!




My old $10 bed I bought at a garage sale many years ago.


A little hand made quilt from my pal, Lori Rippey...the little doll was made by her as well...



An old quilt with really vibrant blues...I had it tucked in the basement for years....


A sampler stitched by me, design by Pineberry Lane.  The pinkeep...another creation of Lori Rippey...love her work!  The homespun on the table is early, 1800's...another thing I had packed away...


 And little miss Rosa Heywood, hanging over a reproduction mustard colored cabinet.



A small grouping of early blue quilts that I purchased in Maine about 11 years ago.  I hooked the rug a while back, but again, had it rolled up in a basket.

Next week, September 10th is the Early Homestead Show in Holly MI...I'll be vending and my pals Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) an Melissa Masterson, are also sharing a booth selling their beautiful jewelry and wool items...so happy that they will be spending the night with me before the show...just shows your never too old to have a sleep over!!

11 comments:

  1. The print over the bed is one of my favorites!
    The room looks great. Love that early blue quilt. I would have bet $$ that little quilt was by Lori.
    See you soon!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the room and the colors, very warm and calming.
    Most of my walls are white, much easier to repaint and match any new decor with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is gorgeous!!! Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot say I have a favorite...love it all! Also cannot wait to see you, Earlene and Lauren next week too! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE your room! I've had the 'blues' forever ~ can't get enough of them in my house…they look especially good this time of the year with a little pumpkin-color thrown in ~ and yes, I agree with you, Lori Rippey is a very talented gal! have a few of her things in my collections as well :)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blue room! My favorite palette because it goes with just about every other color! What pattern is your rug? It is gorgeous!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen...I dont know what the pattern is called, it is from an antique design that my friend drew out for me. It was an easy one to hook!

      Delete
  7. Lovely!! You made the room so light, airy and cozy all at the same time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very peaceful and welcoming blue room! I'm with you on the white/cream walls too. Love the little basket quilt and the sampler and the rug... so many wonderful handmade pieces. Happy September to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bobbie,
    I just love your new blue room!!! So many lovely touches and I especially love the things sweet Lori made!!! Your sampler and rug are wonderful and each touch of blue adds to the peaceful feel!! Hope you have a wonderful time with Lauren and Melissa at the upcoming show!! Sure wish I lived closer!!!
    Enjoy the holiday!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bedroom! I too gave up painting colors on my walls. It's so much easier to change decorating styles or colors with a blank canvas. Also, I find my collections, wall hangings, ect, show up much better on the off white walls!

    ReplyDelete