Monday, January 23, 2017

ANOTHER MONDAY....

Just another gloomy Monday in January here in the mitten.....Saturday was beautiful...sun and all...but that's about all the sun we've seen in over a week.   I'll be so ready for spring this year.  I moved a few things around the living room.  My husband {finally} painted the awful blue wall that has been plaguing me for 10 years...it's now a nice creamy beige...like the other walls in my living room.  Boring, I know but it feels so fresh and nice!  So here is a few pictures of the living room:


I painted this fireplace screen almost 30 years ago.  Every now and again, I bring it up....when I get tired of looking at the big black fireplace opening.  We only lit one fire this year....:-(


A hooked rug that I'm working on behind the chair...I ran out of flesh colored wool....now I have to order some more...I hate when that happens....


Moved the dry sink back into the living room...that piece has been in more areas of this house than our cat!


A spinning wheel that my dear neighbor, Arthur, made for me twenty years ago.  He made it from a maple tree that was cut down in his back yard.  Everything on it except for the metal hooks, are made from that tree....he was quite the finished carpenter!  Sure miss him...


My little dining area....hopefully, next fall, we are getting this area and my kitchen remodeled...instead of being two rooms, it will be made into one large room...then I can get the long harvest table I've been dreaming about for years!



Well...that's it....it's been a busy few weeks since Christmas......but hopefully things will settle down.  In a few days, I'll be heading down to Sauder Village to meet up with Ohio hooking pals, Melissa and Lauren for our annual mid-winter hooking retreat.  The three of us have been doing this weekend event ever since it started about five years ago...so much fun....and a much needed get-a-way this time of year! 



14 comments:

  1. We are dreary here in NH but waiting for a storm to come through. You have a lovely home.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome spinning wheel. What a talented fellow. Been foggy here the past 3 days. Love the new color for your walls. Someday we are going to bump out our house and add a new kitchen, and then our kitchen will be our dining area....someday. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks wonderful, Bobbie! Love that firescreen.
    See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures. Your cat comment made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE youre fire screen The new wall color is great Thanks for sharing pictures of your beautiful home

    linda m

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the color is perfect and it goes beautifully with all the prim and colonial pieces, that you have.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the changes you've made! everything is beautiful...esp. that fireplace screen! You cracked me up with the comment about the cat! HA! ~ *sigh* wish I was headed to Sauder with you girls ~ I know Joan & I would have SO much fun!!!! safe travels, take lots of pics for us :)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Bobbie, looks so cozy and inviting, love the fireplace screen as well. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bobbie,
    I love your changes and always enjoy seeing your home!! It is so cozy and inviting!!
    Your fire screen is just beautiful and I am so impressed with your talents!! You should do more painting!!! I'm so envious of you being able to go to Sauder with Lauren and Melissa! I lived so close at one time and would have loved to go with you all!!! Boo hoo!!! Hope you have a wonderful time together!!!
    Enjoy your week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a difference that fresh paint makes in your living room! Love that green cupboard too! The hooking retreat sounds so nice....enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home looks so lovely and cozy! Nothing like beautiful prim furniture and accessories to make a home feel special. thanks for sharing today and enjoy your hooking gathering in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like everyone is having the January blues...I sure hope February is better~! I just love your home & all your special pieces--looks great!!!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. The spinning wheel is beautiful. Truly a treasure wrapped in memories.

    ReplyDelete