Saturday, July 29, 2017

BEAUTIFUL SATURDAY...

It's been absolutely beautiful weather in Michigan this week.  Sunny skies, cool temps at night...my kind of weather....really gets you into the autumn mood.  

My side garden this year, really seems to enjoy the weather as well...but I really think they enjoy the Miracle Gro that my husband feeds them every week...


My daughter-in-laws cat, Dublin peeking around the wall in their empty house....Jeff and Megan are moving to South Carolina to start a new journey in their life...I'm excited for them but am sure going to miss them!!  They left early this morning..


A couple of pictures from my little Holly Hooking group taken this past Wednesday....

This is Wendy, working away on "Daisy" design by Lori Brechlin


Next, is Sally...working on a rug by Edyth O'Neill....


Then we have Pat....Pat is making a hooked stuffed sheep...we laughed so hard, because she had the sheep turned inside out and none of us knew what the heck she was doing!!



Then we have Linda and Lucy...Lucy is Dawn's little grand daughter who is just adorable...they were very intent on working on their project...


I've not been rughooking at all....seems I needed a break so I've been doing some cross stitching....this is the latest I've been working on....a design by Tammy Black of Scattered Seed Samplers...she has gorgeous sampler designs...her blog link is listed on my sidebar.  My DMC floss was giving me grief this morning so I had to stop for a bit and dig out my bees wax...



And then we have the rock climber Rory...her Uncle Nate was so generous and kind to give her his kid's playscape.  She has been having a ball with it!!


Well...that's it for now....have a wonderful weekend...I hope everyone is having nice weather!!

8 comments:

  1. Rory is getting so big!
    Nice to see pictures of all the hookers I know.
    Happy Saturday :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers. Weather is picture perfect here. Enjoying my time with my mom and working on some wooly mats for the Holly show. Hope to see you there. Hope the kids have a safe trip to SC. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the chart you are working on. Never before did I have fits with DMC thread (except when I punished it heavily for going in the wrong holes) but lately, it's shredding. Easily! I have some Sullivan and love it, but have no intentions of replacing all the DMC inventory so will give the wax a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your SSS design so far. Those dark threads are such little trouble makers without the calming influence of a little beeswax. I stitch with cotton threads quite often and a few extra passes on the end makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gardens are beautiful, I need to do more landscaping in my yard. Fun photos and looks like a fun group to hook with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bobbie,
    Your flowers are so pretty and certainly are loving the sunshine!!! I know you will miss your son moving, but guess it gives you a reason to go visit them!! Your rug hooking group looks like a fun group and happy you have that outlet!! Love your stitched piece and I'm sure it's nice to take a break and do something else you love!! Variety IS the spice of life, yes?!
    Your granddaughter has really grown and I'm sure she will have a ball with that playscape!!
    Have a wonderful week!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely garden flowers you are enjoying this Summer!! Wow! I also enjoyed seeing your friends busy making all sorts of hooked items. It looks like everyone was having fun and enjoying the workshop togetherness. Enjoy your good weather and the rest of your Summer. It is hard to believe August starts tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the chart you are working on. Never before did I have fits with DMC thread (except when I punished it heavily for going in the wrong holes) but lately, it's shredding. Easily! I have some Sullivan and love it,
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete