Thursday, July 6, 2017

EVER GET ONE OF THE THEM DAYS????



Yep.....this is how I'm feeling.... and I remember Elvis singing it well......

Didja ever get one of them days, gals
Didja ever get one of them days....
When nothing is right, from morning till night
Didja ever get one of them days
Didja ever get one of them days..... 

I've been having a few of those days......I can't seem to get my head around cleaning and reorganizing my hooking room.....it's been a mess for a long, long time.  I have too much furniture, too much junk...I've started purging and pitching...but it's still not enough...I swear, I could have a garage sale in this room alone!!!  So...this isn't a "pretty" post or a "primitive" post...be prepared and read at your own risk.......cuz it's pretty bad....you may need to grab a bucket....





I hate the desk that's in here..  It's from the 1940's and my husband bought it to use...needless to say...he NEVER used it and it ended up in my sewing room...it's big and clunky and  a catch-all for useless crap.  He doesn't know....but it's going....I've already contacted my son.... 

My closet organization used to work so well....but I've accumulated so much stuff it's hard to stay organized....I love the youtube videos on organization but those people surely do not have as much stuff as I have...and buying those little bins and tubs at the  Dollar Tree.....doesn't really help....it just encourages your to buy and store more ...you guessed it....JUNK!!!


Another piece of useless furniture....this green cupboard....I had to have it, but all it does is collect more stuff..it's absolutely useless....it's going to the antique mall...as well at the Putnam Dye case,  the vintage tin boxes, and various other smalls....


My wool used to look so nice on this metal shelf...but now, with MORE wool...it's a hot mess!!  That's a whole day of organizing in it's self!  And just look at all those lights!!!  Three OTT lights & two magnifier lights,   It's like I have three heads with three sets of eyeballs...good grief!!  How many lights can one person use????  AND...with that theory.....what about hooking frames...I have three floor frames and two lap frames...what????? And that was after I sold two of them...any ideas on how to store those?


My lovely IKEA work table, that I still love...but it is always loaded with junk.  Another catch-all..and you can see to the left of it...another shelving unit with...you guessed it...more junk!!!  The one thing I do love, however, is my DMC floss organizers..they were inexpensive and keep my floss in order...but the magazines have got to go...I have tons of them .....why do I keep old magazines??? I never really look at them after a couple of time.....it's a sickness actually....magazine-itis!


Now to the beauty pictures......
These are of course, my "dream" craft rooms.....I'll never attain such beauty...at least in this lifetime...but they sure are pretty.....always inspirational!  I love the signage...SMILE --  DREAM....that's about all I can do at this point!



Even Mrs. Meyer's cleaning products have not helped me.....I will probably  have pulled out every hair on my head by the time I get done...but I'm going to do it....I think my problem is...I just don't stick with one type of needlework...nope...not me...I have to branch out into ALL aspects of "needledom".......therefore....I have tones of stuff and tons of UFO'S...In my next lifetime...I'm going to be a dancer or a yoga instructor .....But in the meantime......I'll have to deal with this room......  

Hope none of you are have having "one of the days".....








11 comments:

  1. been there and still doing it Bobbie...but I only have 4 frames for hooking..I'm off next week so maybe I can hire a couple of guys to rearrange my furniture...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish we lived closer, Kelley...we could either help each other out.....or cry on each other's shoulders....LOL!!

      Delete
  2. Atmosphere is important to me, too, when stitching or creating. I often have to straighten up before it all begins, but then I just let it go to heck....and, when all is done, get it back into order...and I totally love that term "needledom!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that feeling, all my rooms are like that, my house has become a storage unit for stuff.
    My son wants to do a yard sale this weekend, but there is no way I can get it all done in a day, so I will just start with big items that I know I don't want and just want to get rid of.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Compared to my mess, I think yours is pretty neat. When I pull something out, it stays out. And the piles begin until I need something at the bottom of one. Terrible. Those dreamy rooms look that way in the beginning but I can't imagine they stay that neat. That would take more time than the projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, Marly....I did pick it up quite a bit before I dared to post this!!

      Delete
  5. I finally had to clean off my spare bed as my mom came into town. It was filled with craft stuff...seems to always be my catch all place. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bobbie,
    Boy can I relate!!! Your post made me laugh and nod my head so many times!!! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm like you and have so many different loves and interests that is really makes it hard to get rid of things!! After all, I just might need them........sometime!!! lol
    Glad to see you are making some progress and I know that you will feel much better when you get things organized to suit you!!!
    Hope you have a great weekend, my friend!!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't begin to say how many times I've looked at the sewing room and decided to clean, send things to thrift, and organize, look again, and say "another day". Getting started on these jobs is the hardest, followed by reaching the point where you realize the mess you've just made is worse than what you started with, but there's no going back. But it's a super good feeling when the job is done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha, Bobbie!! You are hilarious in your description of your work room!!! I congratulate you on taking the plunge to weed out, throw out, give away, sell whatever it takes to get your creative workroom back in order so that it is a pleasure to work in again. It is amazing what we seem to accumulate over time and somehow once it gets away from us, we just close the door. Until we can't do that anymore because we can't find anything anymore@#! LOL!! I look forward to what you come up with and decide in the end. We all need inspiration from others like you who finally just say, This is it! ENOUGH !!

    ReplyDelete