Friday, August 11, 2017

IT'S FRIDAY...ALREADY?

Boy...one day it's Monday....in a blink it's Friday...I don't know where the time goes, but I sure haven't accomplished much this week.  I'm usually pretty organized and am a pro with my "to-do" lists (I love checking off those tasks one by one)....but this week I haven't done a darn thing...

Just a few pictures from around the house...I'm so ready to start decorating for fall...here is my first and probably only "buy" of the season....

He is such a sweet little fella...made out of an old cross stitch table cloth I believe....



Then...the white pantry box...my one and only buy in Tennessee..I got it at a fair price..



My small bird crock collection....not old...but I love the birds!  I've had these for quite some time...but they're always finding new areas in my home to nest in.... and my rye baskets...



This old basket I found in Ohio for $11 years ago.  I really love the blue and red painting on it...faded but still visible.



And some leather bound books...most from the early to mid 1800's...they are getting harder and harder to find and the prices are getting higher and higher.....most of these were under the $12 range...and my little vintage dog from my good friend Sally...




A small hanging corner cupboard...on top is an antique pull horse and then just odds and ends inside the cupboard...the sampler is from 1837....I really need to frame it...


My WIP....a punch needle design from Lori Brechlin...this is one of my favorites of hers....I'm trying to get it finished and mounted for the Early Work Mercantile update this coming Monday...


And last but not least.....my little grand daughter on her way to Chicago with her mommy and daddy....my daughter snapped this picture....it is of the Antique Mercantile in Jackson, MI...it is the mall that I have a booth in...



 That's it for today....hope you enjoy the upcoming weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. You are not thinly one chopping at the bit to decorate for Fall!!! LOL!! Down here in Florida, it will be hot and humid until mid to late October.sigh. So, a few years ago, I learned that meteorologists consider the Fall season from September 1- December 1 because this period best captures the big global changes of the winds and fronts that, along with the increasingly shorter days, best predicts the fall changes. Bingo...September 1 has been the day that I pull out all the decorations and have at it. If I waited until we had significantly cooler weather, I would be putting up my Christmas tree!!~

    I do love that darling new Halloween doll. He is just as cute as punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks just great, Bobbie!
    I really like the sampler unframed and hanging!
    See you in a few days.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your collections are wonderful and I like how you have them displayed.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bobbie,
    It is always so nice to see your lovely home and all your wonderful collections!! I share a love of many of those things you treasure, too!!! So nice when you can add a new piece of two!! I have been working on some fall things and have a whole crop of stuffed pumpkins for a future update!! Now for the weather to just cooperate and turn cooler.......!!
    Your granddaughter is such a sweetie!!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE checking off those items on my "to do" list, too !!!
    Lovely items. Your leather bound books are impressive. *sigh* I need a bigger house to hold all my "needfuls" ! ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete