Wednesday, September 20, 2017

A FLY-BY SEPTEMBER....

It's already past mid September, and I'm left scratching my head wondering, like most of you, where the time went...I've been doing a lot of cross stitching.  I finished two samplers, that I will show next post...that is if I get them framed.  But, I have been purchasing some charts online to hopefully, finish in time for Christmas.  

I found the most wonderful YouTube channel with a mother and daughter team, Priscilla and Chelsea.  They are so entertaining and so inspiring!!  Here I thought the only way to finish a cross stitch piece was to frame it..WRONG!!  Their creativity is amazing!!  And I love that they only stitch on 28 count, Evenweave fabric...YAY!!  My kind of gals!! I'll link their YouTube channel below and Priscilla also has a blog that is just beautiful...if you want inspiration...head on over...if you just want a good chuckle and something to brighten your day...check these gals out!! (Just copy and paste...these links never work on my blog....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q0Ol2gkIh0

priscillas2000.blogspot.com



So....I ordered these patterns by Brenda Gervais.  I ordered them from Needle Case Goodies on Etsy....and I gotta tell you...they arrived within two days....I don't think my tea dyed fabric had dried before I got them!

Next....I went hooking today in Holly and brought a hooking buddy from my guild.  It was her first time in Holly and I think she had a pretty good time....between the 11 of us laughing, talking and munching..and we did manage to do a little bit of hooking!  Here are some completed projects that were brought in today:

This is Pat's stool...with a darling little sheep.  She used wool yarn for this project.  



Next is Bonnie.  She hooked this sweet little rug to cover a primitive footstool.


The next two rug designs, were purchased from Georgia Eaton-Adams of Missouri....Sue hooked this first one...


And Dawn hooked this one...I love them both!


A few pictures around the house, with my pitiful attempt of fall decorating....I thought I had more stuff.....:-(








Well...that's it for now....next week, we're heading to Kutztown PA for Sharon Renninger's Antique Extravaganza and then heading back to Medina OH for the Back to Our Roots show.....YIPPEE.. ...my husband figured it was better to be on the road for my 65th birthday, instead of listening to me whine at home!









6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to their videos. So far for me, no fall decorating. I don't want to give in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Brenda's designs and that is a beautiful one. I love the rugs everyone is working on and the fun textures with the raised hooking.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy fall....first off, thank you for the links to Pricilla and Chelsea I love their floss tube videos....what awesome ideas....yes a different way to mounting or displaying our cross stitch.......

    Your fall decor is fabulous......

    Blessings
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks lovely and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the samplers over your fireplace!
    Welcome to Medicare. How the hell did that happen, right?
    Happy birthday :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the cross stitch patterns. I still have some I purchased last year and have not opened them yet. Have fun at the shows and happy birthday! Janice

    ReplyDelete