Tuesday, October 10, 2017

FINALLY FINISHED...

I finally finished by sampler by Pineberry Lane Primitives, last evening.  Yay!  It always feels so good to finish something, doesn't it?  I love this sampler design and it was an easy stitch.  I stitched on 28 count evenweave using DMC floss.  I then coffee stained it and baked it for a bit.  Now, I'm not sure if I should frame it or mount it on something.  Either way, I think it will look pretty cool...


Last week, I received a gorgeous handmade two tier basket from Ann of 1803 Ohio Farm Baskets.
It beautifully crafted and so useful.  It will be my new project basket, either for stitching or rug hooking. 


Then, on September 30th, my husband and I spent a couple of days in Ohio...first going to Amish country, Berlin and Walnut Creek and then attending the Back To Our Roots, primitive antique show in Medina Oh.   I didn't buy much, but did manage to find a couple of pieces of stone fruit, thanks to Lauren Fugua....she has an eagle eye for stone fruit at these shows...I seem to pass right over them...The vendor's prices were very good so I couldn't pass them up. 


Well...that's it for today.  I'm excited for this week...I am going with a guild buddy to ATHA  in Cleveland this Thursday to do a little shopping and hooking & then on Friday we are heading to Wooster, OH for the Hooked in the Valley show.  Should be a fun week!!  



7 comments:

  1. Hi Bobbie,
    Your new piece is wonderful and I agree that it feels so good to get something finished!!
    Have fun figuring out how you will display it!!! I LOVE baskets and your new one is perfect for your projects!! I also collect stone fruit and love all of your new pieces!! So happy Lauren was there to be your "spotter!" I still need to find some grapes!!! Great find!!
    Have fun on your hooking trips and I'm sure you will find some goodies to add to your stash!
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Sampler is really pretty! Sounds like a really good week and weekend for you ahead. ENJOY!
    HUGS
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the basket! I have one of hers and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sampler looks great!
    I will be in Cynthia Norwood's class at the biennial on Thursday. If I don't see you there, I will see you Friday at Hooked in the Valley.
    Safe travels :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful sampler. Love the basket, I do love the handmade ones.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your latest project and that stone fruit is amazing! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love your new sampler! It looks beautiful framed for your home too. The two tiered basket is neat and I can think of a lot of ways I would use it just like you. I am intrigued with how space efficient it is . You can get lots of items together in a one stop shop. Very cool! Hope you had a fun trip to Ohio and paling around with your buddy. Sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete