Sunday, March 31, 2019

MOTHER NATURE IS NOT PLAYING NICE.....

UGH!!  Woke up to about an inch of snow this morning...I thought it was a joke when my Storm Shield sent out a warning of a winter storm warning last night around 10 pm...no joke....but at least it didn't stick on streets and sidewalks.

What have I been up to this week?  Well, to tell you the truth not much of anything....I started a new sampler...Liberty House by With thy Needle and Thread.   I was stitching while watching one of my favorite FlossTubers, Caroline of "Off The Grid".  The fabric I'm using is 32 count Toasted Coconut by WDW.



I've been buying stitching patterns like a mad woman these past few weeks...after the Nashville show, there were so many beautiful designs I couldn't help myself..(I'll post my haul in another post)
Then to top is off, my husband drove me to Findlay Ohio to my favorite needleshop, The Craft Gallery.  I love this shop!  I picked up some beautiful linen, some fancy floss, and of course, another pattern.


Since I've been stitching on smaller count linen. I bought a couple of these new types of needles. "Stitchy Pop, Ball Point Needles".   You probably can't see the tip really good, but it has a little ball shaped end...This end, makes the hole in the linen a bit larger to pull your threads through.  I really like them, especially when stitching on  32 count or above...


Always up for discussion on the FB group I belong to, is how to store our fancy floss (AKA hand dyed floss).  this is how I store mine....on a metal angel.  How fitting, right?  I think she's praying that I do NOT buy anymore floss!!  They are sorted by brand and then hung  on shower hooks in alphabetical order.   It makes it a lot easier to find the colors I need...but don't think this is all I have...I have lots more kitted up with designs...these are just the extras...



My Holly Hooker BFF's, are always on the look out for doing something different in the needlework world..so, I suggested making crochet'd baskets...this is the start of mine...I told them I would make one first just to see how it rolls...I have a few more rows to go....I'll post the finished basket in another post. 


Lastly...I just wanted to share a small sampler that I stitched for my daughter when she was three or four years old...I found it packed away.  The little frame was cracked so I removed it, and washed the cloth...you can see the discoloration in the Aida cloth.  I'm reframing it so her daughter can hang it in her room.


Well...that's it for now...I was very long winded and full of pictures today...I hope you all have a great week!



7 comments:

  1. I thought March was supposed to go out like a lamb. We woke up to some snow, too.
    I love the way you have your floss sorted. Very cool. I have very little specialty floss. I don't need another obsession. Never heard of those needles but I haven't stitched on over 30 count linen in decades. I have been stitching on a little Pineberry Lane sampler. I am just too darn slow.
    What fun that the little cross stitch piece will now hang in Rory's room.
    See you Saturday 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your Floss Angel! very clever my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not long winded, enjoy the pictures. Anxious to see your new haul.

    L O V E that angel and her skirt of threads!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sweet stitched piece in the bottom photo. I love to cross stitch on linen and the ball point needle looks so interesting. I have never seen one before. Enjoy your new patterns! Hope to see what you stitch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a great post Bobbie!your threads and display look lovely..and that needle...oh, 3 months down ad 9 to go on my no supply buying...maybe I should close my eyes when you share your new haul...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet that you can pass down your stitchery. Where is that store in Findley? May have to stop on our way to Springfield next month. Love your floss angel. Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janice...the needlework shop is called The Craft Gallery and it is about 10 minutes off of I-75. You would pass it going down to Springfield. Well worth the stop!

      Delete