Another Sunday, that is just totally lazy. All I want to do is sit in my sewing room and stitch...but stitching doesn't do my grocery shopping, or my laundry, or my house keeping...so what am I doing? Posting on my blog...I need to snap out of it. Hope your day is going well....
I don't do too much Easter Decorating, but here are a few pictures of my house..I painted the Welcome sign for my front porch. I had been looking one that wasn't too tall & I found this one at Joann's, unfinished and for $14.99 (of course the orginal price was $49.99 so overpriced but they had a sale and a coupon)....
My foyer ....
a corner in my foyer.....
And then my dining room table....I picked up the brown transferware vegetable dish at my Salvation Army store for $3.99....I think it's from the late 1800's...I looked up the maker and the serial number on the bottom, and it looks like around 1880.
This is a chair that I found at a consignment shop in Fenton....it was so comfy and makes the perfect stitching chair....lower to the ground, the back is straight and firm and the seat cushion fits me just right...I'm hoping it will still be there when I go back next week.. My good friend Sally find the best stuff at consignment shops!
Last weekend, was our annual Ann Arbor-Saline hook in...great vendors are always there to sell....The Old Tattered Flag is always a hit.. I didn't buy any hooking patterns or wool, but I did buy these lovely little embroidery scissors with their little silver holder.
Well...that's it.....my washing maching just "dinged" so I guess I have to get up & put in another load .....Next week , I'll have some finishes to show...and more haul from my LNS. Have a great day and hoping everyone stays safe!!
Hi Bobbie...doesn't sound lazy to me! Lazy is sitting and doing nothing which describes me today. Pouting cause I can't play outside. Making a big pit of chili and that's about it.
ReplyDeleteLove your porch display.
If you get that chair make sure you go to Fratz Consignment.
Hope to see you soon!
Those scissors are too stinkin' cute!
ReplyDeleteGreat deal on the brown transferware.
Oh, and I love your home sign.
Grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry. Ugh! No fun at all.
I hope that chair is able to come home with you; it looks like it would be so comfortable to sit and stitch in. Your porch and foyer displays are fabulous. I love the wood piece in the foyer corner with your names and the state on the 'O' in home. Enjoy your week!
ReplyDeleteDoing laundry myself today. Cleaning the dust bunnies too. Love those scissors! Also love your David and Bobbie sign. Janice
ReplyDeleteWonderful simple Easter decorating..my favorite kind...sweet little scissors...my kitchen generally needs cleaning...
ReplyDeleteGreat set-up.
ReplyDeleteLove that transfer ware piece, and that chair looks real comfy!
Very pretty scissors also.
Have a great week!
Marilyn